Chapter 27 - The Fight

"I'm telling you, we searched the whole ocean. Lucille isn't anywhere." The small guard told the King, who looked very unimpressed. "Your Highness, we would've found Lucille by now if she was anywhere in the ocean."

"Then do you think she's back on land?" The King shot back, now on the border of Antastica. "Or do you think she's hiding out in another merkingdom?"

"We'd like to think she's dead-"

"She's not dead! Because if she was dead, then Aqua would never have stolen the Magic and given it to her in the first place!" The King boomed, and they all swam a little faster and continued their search. "I would like to believe she's dead too, but we can't assume anything right now. This is Lucille we're talking about."

"And what if she shows back up at the castle? What will happen then?" The guard questioned, and staying back with him while the others worked.

"The Queen has guards there. They'll be ready to kill her if Lucille decides to show her face." He stated, but was still uncomfortable that his wife decided to split up for the search. If there was a choice to attack either the King or Queen, everyone would pick Queen. But then again, everyone underestimates her as well…

The Queen, in a word, was bored. She hoped her husband would find Lucille and kill her so she didn't have to wait any longer. The reunion of mother and daughter had been put off long enough. The real chance to be a family had been put off long enough.

So she didn't hesitate to grab the sword when the black smoke appeared in the foyer.

"Well, well, well." Lucille laughed, and the Queen held the long sword straight out in front of her. "Aw, did your precious King leave you? What a pity."

"He's out looking for you. I suggest you find him." She stated, drawing in a deep breath and ready to scream, but Lucille covered a hand over her mouth, preventing her from doing it.

"Shush, your Highness. You don't want the guards to know where I am." She laughed, grabbing the sword and prying it from her hands, throwing it aside. "Now, I'm going to make you a deal, and if you scream, you die." She told her, throwing her from her arms.

"What could you do to make me possibly think that I can make any form of deal with you?" She shot at her, backing up to the door and ready to scream.

"I suggest you give up your kingdom unless you want Aqua and Nicole to suffer the same fate Ocea did." She stated, and the Queen froze in place. "Oh, and maybe you too."

"Why would you be doing this to us, Lucille?" The Queen asked, her tone down to a whimpering whisper. "Why would you want our kingdom?"

"To bring the Magic back so everything could go back to the way it was." She replied, eyeing the door down to the cellar, the one filled with Magic. "Back before this world was in the worst state ever."

"What, peaceful?" The Queen shot at her, coming closer, but still kept her distance, eyeing the sword. "When there was Magic, this world was so chaotic. How could you want a world like that?"

"Because that was the world my son lived in before he started going to school, and then disowned me, leaving me with nothing but isolation. His isolation was gone." She growled as the Queen inched closer and closer to the sword. "Before everything in my life went chaotic."

"But everyone else's did!" She shrieked, and she jerked for the sword, tightening her hand around it. "You are going to die for what you have done!"

"Sorry to disappoint." She replied as the guards busted through the doors. "Remember what I said, your Highness." She smirked before disappearing into the black smoke, leaving no trace. The Queen breathed in deeply, realizing she was gone… for now.