Rejection

Carrey POV

I walked out quickly after waving him off of his introduction."Ms. Millien, Jody Johan on the phone." My assistance annouced as I started to prepare for my meeting.

Oh what now I thought silently as I picked up the call. 

"Hello this is Carrey Millien." I calmly said taking the phone. "Yepp.....okay....got it...I'll be there in thirty minutes...yepp...you too...have a good afternoon." I ended the phone call, slamming it down onto her counter.

"Mariah, Tuve is in trouble again. Call in for 2 hours while I get this sorted out." I said grabbing my bag to leave again only to stop to listen to my new appointments.

"Carrey, your appointment will be at 2 then, with Mr. Jones." Mariah called out.

"Okay, I'll call in if anything happens and let you know if I need you to switch my schedule around." I turned around to only bump into a person who instantly wrapped their arms around my waist. "I'm so sorry...Mr. Jones?....did you need anything before I head out? Mariah, see that Mr. Jones get what he wants. " I order Mariah then turned to face him. He had a strong jaw that highlighted his perfect cheek bones, no wonder he was and still is man of the year.

"I would like to know why you dismissed me earlier." Mr. Jones asked, his eyes staring deeply into hers- taking his time to study her face that only held a light layer of make up on.

"I never dismissed you, I had another appointment and seeing as my brother is in trouble I have to go." I offer lightly to him stepping away from him; his scent was overwhelming her innocent thoughts.

"I would like your number." He said as if he could demand anything and he woud get it.

"You have my office card, now if you would excuse me." I then walked out of my office space, not looking back at the man that screamed  sex God in every way.

-------

"Tuve, I have told you for the a hundredth time this morning not to get into a fight." I scolded at him as we got into the car. "I had to hold one of my meeting back because of this mess, you're about to cost me my job!" I yelled in frustration.

"I'm sorry, but he was making fun of how I didn't have a dad or mom like he did." He glumly said as he crossed his arms. Mumbling about how it was not his fault.

"I don't blame you for this....but couldn't you have dealt with it a bit different. Like not getting into a fight?"

"Yes I could have but I didn't. What's done is done Carrey, and I'm sorry about it but not sorry enough to regret punching him."

"Tuve...you broke his nose! You play baseball as a sport, not to use all your strength to hit a boy. I am so disappointed in you. I'm dropping you off at Sandy's Cafe, Sandy is going to be watching you and you will be washing dishes as one of your punishment. Do you hear me?"

"Yes Carrey, I'm sorry." Tuve replied before staring out the window. 

---------

"Good Afternoon, ladies and gentlemen." I greeted as I started my 2 o'clock meeting with Green Jones Construction/Landscaping. "Today we have 3 proprosals that we will be giving an overview of. The first one is by Mary Dillian. The second one is Max Strallion and the third one is by Gina Thomas. On page 14 there is a breif of what to expect from these three presentations." I grabbed the booklet infront of me and showed it to everyone before taking my seat.

The meeting was four hours long and every minute I wished each to go to hell. Especially Jones who never called a break or even offer to discuss it tomorrow. Everybody was tired to the bones as the meeting ended at 6. 

"Ms. Millien." I heard my name being called out and turn around, groaning internally at the man who called my name out. "May I have the pleasure of your company for dinner?" 

"It's late, I should be picking my brother up at Sarah's Cafe and see if my sister is home." I lamely said and thanked Lacey in my  mind as I read the caller id. "Hello?...Okay...Yeah...I'll be home in forty...I got to pick up Tuve....okay...yes he did....pizza?....yeah...do you have your friends over?......okay.....yes Lacey.....got it...bye." I ended the call. "If you would like to dine together, we can do that some other night with our companies but for tonight I would like to go home."

"How about you and me on Saturday night?" Tyler Jones asked putting on an innocent face that Carrey recognized right away. Why wouldn't she? Tuve and Lacey used the same face when they didn't get what they want.

"I'm busy this weekend, I can book you in for lunch on Friday?" I offered before opening the door of my car and sliding in, not bothering to hear his answer.

Carrey sigh out loud as she pulled out of her company's parking lot and was glad that the day was over for her, but that would be a lie, she still had to deal with a house full of teenagers.

Edit with new parts

EyesNotOpen