Wake Up Call

WARNING: This story has been edited but may contain some grammer error. You've been warned.

EyesNotOpen

Carrey POV

Today marked the second year of my parents death, March 23rd of 2011. I was only 20 years old when I lost them and my sister Lacey was 12 and my brother Tuve was 8.

Everything came crashing down that faithfull night.

'Nothing will happen to us.' Her mother softly said to her.

'The storm is going to get worst. I'm begging you...please hold off this trip.' I said taking her cold hands into mine.

'This is very important Carrey, you know it is. Please just watch your siblings while we are gone. We will be back in two days.' My mother said hugging me before picking her bags off the floor with my father's as I watched helplessly as they walked away into the storming night.

'Daddy...' I called out but the thunder mask my sound of pleas. 'Don't go please..'

A layer of sweat covered my entire body from dreaming about my last conversation with my mother as I woke up from the nightmare. It only reminded me that I didn't even had the chance to tell them I loved them. It was too late now, I just prayed that they were some place safe. It has been years now, but I have still not recovered their bodies, only parts of their body was found. But I will not give up until I find every piece of them. 

'We recovered some personal items of your parents.' My pop up email said, I quickly typed a thank you before checking the time. 

Oh shit. 

"Lacey Marylin Millien!" I yelled as I quickly gather my folders for work while  stuffing them into one of my office bag. The running of her footsteps confirmed that she was coming down the stairs with only one of her shoe on her feet and the other in her hand. I looked at her shaking my head as she hopped on one leg while putting on her other shoe. She was in jean shorts with a white blouse on, an outfit I bought her last week. My little brother on the other hand walks toward us fully awake eating a breakfast bar and handing one to Lacey who thanked him quickly before grabbing her backpack.

"Tuve I do not and I mean do not want your principle calling me at work." I warned him with a stern voice. My eyes watching him as he nods and looked at me with innocent eyes that I have learned not to fall for. Something that took me for years to say no to. 

"Carrey, I'm going shopping with my friends afterschool. Are you okay with that?" Lacey asked as I pulled up infront of their school and turned towards her. 

"Did you bring your money?" I questioned handing her and Tuve each a twenty for lunch.

"I did...is that a yes?" I just nodded hugging her before turning to Tuve who was trying to get out of the car as quickly as possible. I just laugh inside. This boy. 

"I am warning you Tuve. Do not get into any fights or else your punishment will be harder this time around." I called out as he just smiled and waved at me with a glint in his eyes. 

"Tuve?" I looked at him.

"I promise not to get into any fights today." He answered before quickly slamming the door shut. "I think." I heard as I lowered my window.

'How was school?' Her father asked, giving his daughter a hug as she enter into the kitchen.

'Tiring, had finals today.' I answered while hugging her father.

'Did you eat lunch though? Do you have enough money for school?' Her father asked concern.

'Dad...'I said shaking her head. 'I ate lunch and I have enough scholarship money to help me get through school.' I said. 'I'm going to take a nap before dinner, love you dad.'

'Love you too.'

I felt the prickle of tears leave my eyes as I remembered a conversation with my father. I missed him so much. Life would never be the same without him.