Chapter XXXVIII.

I followed Loki to an abandoned building on the far side of town. Thor wouldn't get here in time to save me, so I'd given up all hope.

After he strapped me to a table, Loki evilly smiled. He began tapping away at the holographic screen.

I laid quietly, tears slowly started to pool in my eyes. "Thor.." I whispered, letting a single tear fall. I wasn't sure where he was and I knew I would most likely never see him again.

After a few minutes, Malekith showed up at Loki's side. "What are you doing?" I asked worriedly. "You seem to remember a little bit too much. We're just going to change that."

Malekith smirked, and I shivered in fear. That means I'd forget everything again. I wouldn't remember, and it terrified me.

"You said I remembered too much, but Director Fury said you previously wiped too much of my memory. That's why I can't remember Steve and I's marriage. Now you say I remember too much. How does that work?"

"This device is designed to clear parts of the memory, and we cleared too much of the wrong part. Some machines have a higher electrical charges. Does Bucky Barnes sound familiar?"

Malekith questioned, and I shook my head. I feel as though Nick has mentioned him before. "No." I said. They shrugged, and before they flipped the lever, I yelled.

"Wait!" They both stopped, annoyed. "What is that switch gonna do?" It was a stupid question, but I was stalling to save time. For what exactly? I haven't the slightest clue.

"You'll find out." Malekith answered, gripping the metal lever again. "Wait!" I called out again, and Loki huffed. "What could it possibly be this time?"

He asked, his voice doused with irritation. I'd spared about a minute or 2 talking. "On with the procedure!" Loki yelled, done with my rambling. Malekith obeyed, and I shut my eyes tightly.

This was it..

× because who doesn't love a cliffhanger.? :) -GxddessK.