Chapter XIV.

I walked out to the porch where Steve was sitting. His muscles were tensed stressfully while he sat with his head in his hands.

"Steve, what was that in there?" I asked him, closing the door behind me. "I should be asking you the same thing." He didn't even look at me when he spoke.

I gave him a confused look. Did he mean the kiss Thor gave me? "Kirsten, I can't do this." He started, truthfully. Do what? I mentally asked.

"I can't sit around and watch another guy love you. He's a Prince from outer space. He basically speaks Shakespeare. How am I anywhere near that?"

He rubbed his face as stress shown upon it. I didn't say anything. What would I say? "Kirsten, I love you. And I don't want to lose you.."

He stared at me with those big baby blues, and I stood, speechless. "Steve, I don't know what to say." I was completely at a loss for words.

"Just say anything, please." He took my hand, and I felt a small shock. Electrifying. "Steve, I care for you so much. You're so sweet, and I know that one day, you'll make a girl so happy."

I saw his small smile falter. "But its not me.." I said honestly. "I'm so sorry, Steve." I gave him a hug, and he held me close. "I understand.." He mumbled.

I quickly left, biting my lip. I didn't want to cry in front of him. He didn't deserve this. "Kirsten, why do you cry?" Thor asked, walking in.

I wiped my tears, shaking my head. I looked outside to see Steve looking down. "Nothing, Thor." I said, standing up. He was still 20 feet taller than me. He put his arms around me, kissing my head.

"I'm fine."