Chapter IV.

My breathing was heavy as I hid behind a rock. I rolled my eyes at Thor, who was still showing off. "Nick told us not to take them all out at once because-"

"I do believe my method is better. Yet, I do appreciate the unneeded information."

He flashed a smirk, and I wanted to punch him in the face. I walked out the training room to get some water in the kitchen. I needed to calm myself down.

"Kirsten, where the hell are you going?" Nick's deep voice boomed all through the room. "I'm going rip that guy's fucking head off."

I took a sip of my water. It was nice and cold. "Well look, we don't have time to decapitate anyone, especially someone who's saving your ass." He barked.

"You have to give me another partner. I simply can not work with him-" "Well you're going to whether you like it or not." He walked out the room without another word.

Just then, Thor walked in. "Was your arguing about me?" He asked quietly, and I rolled my eyes. "What would you care?" I asked, looking at him through a squint.

"Well, I-" "Save it, Thunder Thighs." I exited the kitchen, going to my room. Seconds after closing the door, I heard a knock on it. I mentally groaned, going to answer it.

"Yes?" I rolled my eyes, again. "May I have a word with you?" Thor's voice was cotton soft as it left his lips. He looked down at me with an expression that I didn't quite understand.

Was it guilt or sadness? There's no way he would feel upset. Once I noticed I hadn't answered in about 10 seconds, I shook my head.

"No. I want to go to sleep." I shut the door in his face, and I leaned against it. On the other side, I could hear his breathing. After a few seconds, I heard his footsteps becoming distant.

I sighed checking the time. It was 2:47PM. I decided to stay in my room, lying in bed. I was just gonna take a quick nap..

"Kirsten, the pizza is here! Feel free to leave your dungeon for dinner." Natasha yelled, waking me in an instant. I glanced over at my bedside clock and almost screamed.

It was 7:35PM.

There's no way I've slept that long. I groaned, knowing I had, trudging to the kitchen. "Look who decided to join us." Steve smiled, taking a bite of his salad.

"I was forced against my will." I mumbled, taking a box of pizza for myself. "What are you doing with that?" Tony questioned, noticing I took the entire pizza.

"What does it look like?" I asked, sitting on the couch. "It looks like you're going to eat." Steve answered innocently. When everyone gave him a look, he noticed how stupid he sounded.

"That was a rhetorical question, wasn't it?" He asked, and Bruce shook his head. Before I could take a bite, Tony snatched the box from my hands.

"We're all eating together." He spoke, sitting my box on the table along with everyone else. "We're not the fucking Brady Bunch." I rolled my eyes, still having a seat anyway.

"So, here's everyone liking it here?" Steve tried to lighten the mood. "Well-" "Where's the bathroom in this place?" Clint walked in the room, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Oh, its down the hall, take a right, through the window and straight down." I smiled, giving him a thumbs up. Tony gave me a glare. I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

When was he ever? I ignored it, continuing to eat. Steve gave him correct directions to the restroom that didn't involve any death.

Natasha, Bruce, Tony, and Steve all engaged in small conversation. "Where's Thor?" Bruce finally noticed he wasn't at the table. Everyone shrugged.

Where was he?

× trying to capture all their personalities with this chapter. It's so fun, omg.