012.

Marco's POV

I threw myself on the huge bed after another exhausting training. All I needed was a deep nap. The door opened loudly then closed the same way.
- Mats! – I shouted annoyed.
- Sorry. – He told sarcastically. – Why are you so edgy these days? – Mats questioned while taking off his shoes near the door.
- I'm not. – I denied and sat up.
- How are things going with Heidi? – He asked giggling quietly and sat on his bed.
- What "things"? – I was getting a little bit angry with Mats.
- Come on! You know w... - Mats started telling but I interrupted him.
- I haven't talked to her for 2 weeks. – I shouted and fast walked to the bathroom. I rushed into the shower cabin and turned on the cold water tap. Why everyone think they know everything? I was wondering while the water was embracing my body.

Heidi's POV

- That's not you. – Hannah laughed when I told her about my adventure with Sebastian.
- I know, I know. That's worrying me actually. – I told lowly and bit my lip.
- Look, he is a great guy. I know you don't want me to say that but you should stop thinking about Marco and try with Seb. – Hannah said and somehow deep I knew she was right.
- Waiting for Marco is... chasing pavements, you know. He has probably already found a better girl than me, someone who suits a world-known footballer. – I poured some coffee in my cup.
- No way is she better than you. – Han smiled at me and told. – Promise you'll call Seb and arrange a date with him tomorrow. – I nodded. – Promise.
- I promise. – I laughed and sipped some coffee.

I didn't feel like putting much into my look before my lunch with Sebastian. I wore denim shorts and one of my favourite navy sleeveless loose tops. I grabbed a white bag and put comfortable white ballerina shoes before leaving. When I arrived Sebastian was already waiting for me. He smiled after seeing me and greeted as soon as I approached the table.
- Hi. – Seb told with a wide grin.
- Hi. – I sat opposite him and left my bag on the next chair then took down my huge dark sunglasses.
- Look about that night. – Sebastian started speaking nervously.
- It's alright. – I interrupted him.
- I really had no idea you were that drunk. – However he finished his saying.
- As I said, it's alright. – I repeated and smiled. It was great to hear an apology actually. – So you are working as a photographer, right? – I changed the topic.
- Yeah. I was in Brazil for the World Cup. – Seems like I am magnet for people who were there. I thought and giggled. – What did I say? – Seb asked restlessly.
- Just a weird thought in my mind. – I said when the waitress interrupted me. We order some food and drinks and I turned to Sebastian again. – So how was in Brazil? – The usual first date chat wasn't as boring as I expected. We talked for about an hour and a half and then Seb had to go to finish some work. Before leaving he told he would call me later and I just mumbled a simple ok.

Storyteller:

The next year was strange. Marco and Heidi didn't see or hear from each other. They were never at the same parties, never asked their mutual friends about the other. They convinced all of their friends that they didn't need the other. Shame it was a lie.

On the one end of the town, Heidi decided to give Sebastian a try. That resulted in Sophia – their beautiful daughter born in the beginning of April. Heidi wasn't happy though. Every night she would cry herself to sleep. Writing was her only exit. She started writing poems nearly all the time when she didn't have to take care of Sophia. In the beginning of June Heidi decided to publish some of her works and collected her favourite poems in a book of 111 pages. All the 73 poems that slowly filled the blank pages were similar. What connected them was a simple thing – they were all about Marco. She was blaming herself for losing him. She knew it was all her fault.

On the other end of the town, Marco had decided to fully concentrate of his football. For him that was the only way to stop thinking about Heidi. Although that time only lasted minutes. Before matches he would always imagine her in the stands shouting his name and applauding every good decision made of him. But she wasn't there – she was only there in his dreams, dreams he wanted to make reality. The summer approached, Borussia Dortmund won the Bundesliga but Marco was disappointed that his biggest fan ever wasn't there to congratulate him. Despite the fact that Marco hurt, he knew that he could never be with Heidi if she didn't change her point of view for love and moreover for herself.

They both missed each other in a way only two people who really love each other can miss.

___________________________________

THE END :D

YES, I KNOW THEY DIDNT END UP TOGETHER BUT THATS LOVE, SOMETIMES IT LEAVES US WITH NOTHING.