008.

Marco's POV

I hadn't heard from Heidi for 3 days. The last time she called was on the first night of her time in Spain – she sounded awfully but it was clear that she needed time to think about things. I was having my lunch at a little cosy bistro near my house when my phone rang.

- Hey, Hannah. – I answered the call cheerfully.
- Hi. Something very bad has happened. – Hannah sobbed and I dropped my fork. It was something about Heidi, no way was it something else.
- Hannah, calm down and tell me what's wrong! – I spoke loudly and felt many eyes on me. – Please. – I whispered and pressed my lips together nervously.
- Heidi. – Hannah told through tears.
- Hannah, please, go on. – I was getting more and more worried with every second.
- She tried to kill herself. They saved her but she is in hospital. – Hannah finally said it all. I could feel myself falling into a huge whole but I took a deep breath and tried to think straight.
- Is she still in Barcelona? – Standing I questioned.
- Yes. She is in hospital there. – Hannah mumbled.
- Alright. I'll find a way to get us there as soon as possible. Wait me at my house in an hour. – I left enough money to pay my bill on the table and run outside the bistro. It's my fault. I was repeating in my head while driving to my house.

We landed in Barcelona at about midnight. Hannah was breaking down and so did I. The only difference was that I was trying to hide it. I knew that that's what Hannah as well as Heidi needed me to do.
- It's gonna be alright. – I rubbed Hannah's back as we were passing through the airport.
- I can't believe she did that. – Hannah only sobbed and I hugged her.
- Han, think a little bit more positive. Heidi's alive and that's what is important. – I whispered down and stroked the back of her head. Hannah nodded slowly and wiped her tears. – We are getting taxi and in a few minutes we will be at the hospital. – I told and we headed to the exit hand in hand.

After a few minutes of arguments the nurse let us in Heidi's room. Hannah was walking behind me, hiding her face in my back as she was too scared to look at Heidi.
- She is sleeping. – I whispered as we approached the bed. Heidi's body looked weak and her cheeks were as white as ghost's and not light rosy as usually. I felt Hannah slowly moving and looking at her.
- Is that her? – Hannah spoke under her breath and I knew exactly what she meant. Heidi was usually smiling, telling jokes and just brightening everyone's days. But that was only the one half of her personality. We were right then staring into the other part – the stains of her personal drama, the pieces of her broken heart and the wounds of her over-thinking.
- Unfortunately. – I mumbled without moving my eyes away from Heidi.

I was sitting on the chair in the middle of the night staring at Heidi. I went to book a room at a hotel with Hannah and when she felt asleep headed to the hospital. I wanted to be the first thing Heidi would see in the morning. The thought of her waking up to see another doctor or a nurse made me sick. Heidi was breathing rhythmically – her chest moving slowly up and down. I was thinking about her – she had let her past to ruin her present. She was a typical 22 years old girl but at the same time she was so extraordinary and different. Shame, she couldn't see how special she was.

I woke up to a low whisper. Opening my eyes I saw Heidi smiling shyly at me as it was the first time we ever met. She stretched her arms trying to reach me. Lifting myself, I took her hand and squeezed it gently. Right then I didn't want a conversation. Her touch was enough, seeing her eyes wide opened looking at me. Heidi giggled softly and I moved my chair closer so I could stroke her cheeks that immediately got to their usual rosy colour. The shaded early daylight had filled the room and Heidi's huge blue eyes wonderfully reflected the rays. She was about to tell something when I placed my finger on her mouth and tenderly massaged her thick cracked lips.
- Please, don't speak. – I whispered and Heidi smiled at me. It was like staring at a newborn baby, her reactions were slow and she looked as innocent as a minute old baby.

Heidi's POV

He was right there, next to me, gently holding my hand. It was then when I realized how stupid my act was. Feeling too guilty to look at Marco I closed my eyes.
- Have some rest. I'll be right back with Hannah. – Marco told lowly then kissed my forehead. I heard the door open then close quietly and bit my lip. He really loves me. I thought and smiled as a little girl who had just got the pretty doll she had dreamt of.