002.

Marco's POV

I walked out on the porch and found Heidi staring at the sky. She was obviously freezing and tried warming herself by rubbing her arms.
- Brought your jacket. - I mumbled and helped her put it on. - Are you ok? - I questioned when she turned her back to me without even looking at me.

- Yeah. I'll be right back. Go inside and enjoy yourself. - Heidi murmured trying to fake a smile as the wind was dancing through her hair. I stood next to her and placed my hands on the railing. Our little fingers slightly touched and Heidi immediately moved her hand away as if I would hurt her.

- Are you sure you are alright? - I stared at her and licked my lips. She looked broken.

- I'll just go home. - Heidi whispered and headed to the street.

- Wait! - I shouted. Although I had drunk, I still remembered the notebook in my bag. - I have to give something back to you. Just stay here. - She nodded and I entered the house.

She took the notebook from me slowly looking down.

- I'm sorry. - I spoke under my breath. Heidi looked straight into my eyes. It was unexpected.

- I'm glad you gave it back. - She half-smiled and kissed my cheek. Then Heidi turned around and got into the taxi waiting for her. I waved at her and so did she. I decided to walk home - take some fresh air and sink into my thoughts. Thoughts about Heidi.

Heidi's POV

I got home and changed my tight dress with a loose top and leggings. Popcorn and a movie would be great. I thought and in a few minutes, I was on the sofa watching Friends with Benefits. It wasn't the best choice, it was actually the worst possible choice but I watched it.

I was woken by a loud knock on the front door. Rubbing my eyes I looked at the clock on the wall. 8:13. Who can that be? I was wondering while pacing to the door.

- Marco? - My eyes opened widely when I saw him standing there - right in front of me.

- Sorry if I have woken you. Can I... - He stopped for a second and bit his lip slightly. - Can I just enter?

- Sure. - I moved away allowing him to entered and closed the door behind him. We sat on the sofa and looked down. Both too scared to say anything. - Marco, I... I shouldn't have kissed you. - I broke the silence and looked up at him while talking quietly.

- Why? This is the game. You had to. - Marco shrugged.

- But it felt like more than game. - I whispered and licked my lips. - And I don't want to feel this for you.

- What do you mean? - He questioned softly. His voice was totally driving me crazy, making me want to kiss him until I'm out of breath.

- I don't want to like you. - Mumbling I responded and Marco's look revealed his confusion. - Like something more than a friend.

Marco's POV

Heidi's blonde hair shone under the sunlight penetrating through the windows and her crystal clear blue eyes were still sleepy making her look even cuter.

- Why are you staring at me like that? - Heidi questioned and I shook my head trying to concentrate on her words. - Marco, I simply... - She stood up and turned her back to me. - I simply don't want to love you! - The shout that escaped her mouth sounded more like a loud sobbing.

- Heidi, what are you talking about? - I stood in front of her and moved her chin up gently.

- I'm just saying... things won't happen as in my favourite love songs or my favourite movies... happy endings aren't happening to me... - Heidi started murmuring. - I don't want to love you. Make me stop somehow. Just make me forget about this feeling. - She took my shoulders and her words sounded like prayers to God. I pressed her to myself and felt her tears streaming down her cheeks.

- It's alright. - I whispered stroking her long blonde hair. I lifted her and carried her to her bedroom. Then I laid her on the bed and she looked at me with her weak eyes. - Take some sleep. - I kissed her forehead softly and headed to the door when I heard a quiet request.

- Stay with me, please. - Heidi was whispering so I turned around and walked to the bed where I lay. She immediately snuggled against me pressing her head to my chest. Embracing her with my arms I kissed the top of her head and closed my eyes.

- Heidi, I actually think that I love you. - I spoke under my breath. Heidi stood silent. She wasn't sleeping maybe just couldn't find the right words. The only reaction from her was a short shaking. I could feel the shivers spreading over her body and then vanishing in a second. - Maybe more than you can imagine.