009.

Marco's POV

Back to New Year's Eve...
It was an hour before midnight. I entered my bedroom and Heidi who was lying upon the sheets didn't open her eyes. She was awake but loved faking being asleep. The beauty of her curves could blind me. Leaving the bottle of red wine on the floor I got my eyes on her relaxed body.

- I know you are not sleeping. – I laughed and lay next to Heidi on the bed. Immediately, she snuggled against me and let out a sigh. – Something's wrong? – I questioned.
- No. Exactly the opposite. – Heidi looked up at me and smiled widely. – I think that's the closest to perfection I've ever experienced. It's just so great to have a friend I can be so close with and feel comfortable about it. – Her grin was growing with each word. The low light of the two bedside lamps underlined the cute dimples on her cheeks.
- So what are we doing in the last hour of 2013? – I questioned and Heidi rested her head on my chest staring at the ceiling.
- What about getting badly drunk? – In a minutes she suggested through laughter.
- We will fall asleep and miss 12 o'clock. Is there something that you wanted to do so much during the year but you didn't? – I asked and stroked her hair.
- A lot of things. But I'm quite happy with this year actually. – Heidi told still looking up at the grey ceiling.
- And your final wish for the year is to get drunk? – I giggled and looked at the clock on the wall. 23:10.
- There is something else, too. But promise not to ask questions. – Heidi sat up and looked at me as her lovely hair was tossed to the one side.

Heidi's POV

- Whatever you want. – Marco smiled at me and I stood up.
- Alright. Just stay there and talk to me. About whatever you want. Dreams, experiences, thoughts that go through your mind. – I told fumbling in my bad for my notebook.
- That's weird but alright. – He lifted himself and sat staring at me as I took a seat on the bed opposite him. Looking down I opened my notebook and wrote down the date. – Why are you always so concentrated when you are writing? – Marco questioned and I looked up at him.
- I just sink down in thoughts and then the world is just me, my notebook and my pen. – I mumbled and he nodded slowly. Being with him was so easy, effortless and just relaxing. – So tell me, how do you feel about this year?
- It was a wild year. – Marco laughed looking down at his hands.
- That's for sure. – I wrote down a few words and turned to him again.

In an hour Marco showed up in my hospital room together with Hannah. She rushed in and gave me a hug as I could feel her tears.
- I'm alright. – I whispered trying to calm her. She looked at me and half-smiled. – Han, please.
- Ok. – Hannah wiped her tears and sat on the chair next to my bed. – But never ever scare us like that again! – She mumbled and I nodded in agreement. Marco was leaning against the door staring down. He looked strange – sad and exhausted. He was usually very lively and his mood surprised me. – Marco, are you ok? – I questioned quietly but yet loud enough for him to hear.
- Yeah. I was just thinking. – He shook his head and looked at me. There was a knock on the door so Marco moved away and opened it.
- I'm glad to see Miss Larson has someone to cheer her up but you would have to leave now. – The doctor entered the room and spoke kindly.
- Sure. – Marco nodded and made a sign to Hannah to stand up without even glancing at me.
- Heidi, please take care. – Hannah told and I smiled at her.
- Hannah, come on. – Marco said annoyed and Hannah headed to the door.
– Bye for now. – She turned to me one last time. What did I do? I stared asking myself. Why is Marco acting like that? I saw him leaving after Hannah without even saying goodbye. It made my heart break into pieces. Why is everything so hard? Then Mr. Lopez, my doctor interrupted my thoughts.
- What's on your mind? Is there something wrong? – The doctor questioned and I looked at him.
- What do you mean? – His words confused me a little.
- Your grimace changed for a part of the second. You look as you were said something very bad has happened. – Mr. Lopez explained his point and I raised my shoulders. I couldn't share Marco's and mine story with him. No way.
- I'm just like that. Going from mood to mood in minutes. – I faked laughter.