001.

Marco's POV

I was wandering around Heidi's living room while she was getting ready when I saw a huge carton box that matched nothing. Lifting it, I realized it was much heavier than I thought. I sat on the huge black sofa and placed the box next to me. When I opened it, I saw about 20 notebooks all different colours and sizes. There were as well some sheets of paper just left between the notebooks. I grabbed a huge purple one and opened it carefully. Beautiful handwriting, black ink and fair scrawls.

Dad, do you see me from up there?
Mum, do you follow my steps?
Brother, do you guide me to glory?

Every night I fall asleep with tears knowing
That I will be the clock to wake me up and
Not a sweet laughter, the smell of fresh coffee

Tell me, is it true you see your whole life through?
Mommy, daddy, tell me is it worth all this work?
Brother, tell me one reason to carry on!

And yet
Behind this full depression
There is still temptation
To live this life like perfection

My eyes watered at the second line and I had my lips pressed together while running my fingertips down the smooth paper reading every line carefully trying to feel every word. I turned over the pages and saw traces of teardrops where the ink had washed away a little. I wondered if I had any mental strength to read something more. I had no. I just pushed the notebook into my holdall and left the box on its place.

Heidi's POV

It was two years since I had moved to Dortmund. I was lucky enough to find a job as a journalist and that's how I met most of my friends. There was that huge party where I was invited. People slowly started leaving and only the closest of us stayed. At about 3 am it was only 6 of us in the room.

- Let's play truth or dare! – Someone suggested and all of us agreed. Someone got a bottle while we sat on the floor. All of them were so drunk but I had only had 3 weak cocktails and nothing more.

- So looks like Heidi is first. Truth or dare? – Mats questioned and I bit my lip.

- Dare. – I told half-smiling.

- Kiss the cutest guy in the room. No one will feel hurt. – We all laughed and I looked around. The 3 boys – Mats, Mario and Marco. Mats and Mario were both alright, but Marco was the sweetest boy ever. I remembered a similar party an year and half ago when we met.

- So you are the new girl in town – Heidi? – He approached me and questioned. I didn't believe in love from first sight – until I saw him. His warm eyes and pretty face, shy smile and soft skin.

- Right. And you are the golden boy of Dortmund. – I giggled and run my fingers through my hair.

- That's how I got called sometimes. – He laughed. – I have to go back to the lads but make sure you save me a dance. – Marco smiled widely and walked away.

He turned out to be a great friend of mine. But I never asked him to be something more. I wasn't someone who would refuse a dare. I was a fair player. They dare me and I do it. Marco was sitting right next to me so I bit my lip and whispered in his ear.

- Sorry. – It made him turn to me and I just pressed my lips to his. I didn't expect him to respond but he did. We had to break the kiss. No way would we kiss in front of the others. – Next! – I raised my hand and shouted through laughter. Then I looked at Marco who was staring at me.

- Marco, your turn. Truth or dare? – Mario winked at Marco making us all burst into laughter.

- Let's try truth. – Marco spoke and glanced at me as wishing for some help or strength.

- How was the kiss? – Mario questioned.

- That's much under your level, bro! – Marco told through giggles. Nervous giggles? – It was great!

- I'll just go out for a second to take some breath. – I mumbled and walked out on the porch. I was cold but right now my thoughts were giving me much harder time then weather. I loved Marco like I hadn't loved anyone else but he wouldn't ever like someone like me. Every girl would doubt herself but I just wouldn't take having my heart broken. Not after knowing what it's like losing someone you really love.