Chapter 26: The Ultimate Prank: Part One

There is blood on the walls. It's old, but no one ever cleaned it. It sends a shiver down my back. Someone else knew about this place, someone who killed something or someone down here. The endless fire still crackles and swishes in the fireplace. I let my fingers trail down the blood stains. It smells familiar. I allow the wolf to smell the room itself. No kill, no kill, it whispers in the back of my mind. No smell of death, the wolf was right. Bile rose in my throat, there's a lot of blood stains down here for nothing to have died. There's a low growling and I whip around, wand raised. But, nothing is there. The wolf growls, danger danger danger! That's when I see them- James, Sirius, Remus and Peter had followed me. The growling grows louder, and suddenly, Peter is gone.

"Rose! Wake up, come on you need to wake up." James? That sounded like James.

"Run!" I tell him, watching as Sirius and Remus disappear as well. It seems I'm rooted to the ground now, unable to save my friends from whatever is in here.

"Rose, come on it was a prank, wake up!" James sounds scared, he's begging me to wake up, but I'm awake!

"Sirius, you bloody moron I told you to use it on Pete!" James snarls. He morphs and changes and I finally regain control of my legs. I turn tail and run. The room morphs into a maze and I can feel the walls closing in on me as I run. My breathing comes out in pants the my vision starts to blur around the edges.

"The counter curse! Remus!"

I trip, crashing to the ground. Pain pain pain, the wolf whines. And then everything goes white.

"Rose? Are you with us?" James asks.

I can't see yet, still staring into a white space, but I can feel his hand on my arm and I latch onto it, "Y-yeah. That batch is b-bad."

"Sorry sis," Sirius apologizes. My vision slowly returns to normal and I let go of James' arm as Sirius continues, "My bad. Seems like I added too much goblin sweat."

"That was wicked though," I say, sitting up a bit. Remus looks pale but comes over with a clip board, "A-any after effects?" He had been the one not wanting to do this at all.

"Headache," I say, "Not bad for me, but I'm sure Peter will be saying otherwise once you adjust the potion."

Sirius is already starting up on the next batch, "Who knew what could happen if you add goblin sweat to Euphoria."

"Nightmares," I say, "They're graphic too."

Remus face gains a tint of green. He drops the clip-board in James' lap and hurries off to, presumably, the loo. I grimace, "I told you Remus wasn't going to be able to do this."

Peter looks terrified, "I don't want to do this either."

I smile kindly at Peter, "We won't make you, Pete."

"Yes we will," Sirius interjects.

"Just wait till tomorrow after classes, Siri and I'll go again," I say getting up from my bed. It felt as if all my weight suddenly decided to marry gravity and suddenly I was on the ground clutching my head.

"Merlin, you alright?" James asks, grabbing me under my arm and pulling me up onto my feet again. I nod, gritting my teeth. He frowns, obviously catching my lie, but doesn't say anything about it.