Chapter 16: Jane's Curse

(Hi! I'm currently sitting in my new house writing this chapter for you! Hope you like this chapter!)
  Chapter 16: Jane's Curse

  I look under my bed for the parchment with the story written on it. I had found it last year deep in the library over the course of last year, with some help from Aunt Minnie.
   "Thousands of years ago," I read, "Taking place in Merlin's time, in a small town in the north, werewolves were counted as animals, and sometimes even live stalk. During an auction, a man bought a werewolf cub whom he named Jane. This man had created a safe place for werewolves. Now, Jane grew up with the werewolves, but never found love. Mate after mate sought after young, but Jane just wanted love. According to legend, Jane died with out a mate, alone, cold and broken. Her soul cast a curse on werewolves, leaving them in the hands of fate to find the only one they can ever love- their only mate."
   Remus looked rather disturbed by the end of the story, "So, we only get one mate? I knew werewolves mated for life but..."
   I shake my head a little bit, "We only get one mate and the fates decide it for us. The next full moon after we turn fifteen, we will see a glimpse of them, and will have to figure out who they are from that little peek."
  Remus stayed quiet for a moment, "What if we don't know them?"
  "Rarely," I supply, "Do we never meet them. We've usually met them before. Sometimes they are even our friends, usually really, as the wolf will sense a pre made bond."
  Remus doesn't say anything else for a moment and then," Thank you."
  I just nod.
  "So uh lets just go down with the others?" Remus asks. I nod and follow him into the common room.

Let's just say that we were a little confused.
Sirius and James had their wands pointing to each other with furious looks in their eyes. I grabbed Remus' sleeve and pulled him back to beside me, "James? Sirius?"
"Not now," Sirius growled. James didn't reply, but had looked in my direction.
"Sirius?" Remus tried, "What happened?"
Sirius lowered his wand, "Nothing."
I frowned, "Nothing?"
Sirius tucked his wand into his back pocket, "It's fine, no crazy actions over here."
This seemed to be directed to James more than me, as James lowered his wand as well, "Sorry."
Remus and I glanced at each other again. Sirius rolled his eyes, "Anyone up to finding Pete and go exploring? "

I nod, giving up on trying to find out what just happened. It seemed to be resolved after all.

We left the common room, all thoughts on what happened between James and Sirius forgotten.

   "Where is he?" Sirius finally snaps after a while. As if on queue, I hear a loud bout of laughter down a hallway. Remus looks to me, and it seems he heard the same, "Did you hear that?"
  "Hear what?" James said with his brows scrunched together.
  Following the laughter comes a faint, "P-please!"
   I grab James hand and start leading him to the direction of the sound. Sirius and Remus follower behind. I peaked into the hallway I heard the laughing and pleading from.
   "Please!" Comes a squeaky beg, "D-don't, I-I-I-"
  "Oh, this little lion isn't to brave, is he?" A snarky voice mocks. I go to grab my wand, but mentally groan when I remember I had left it back in the dorm. James seemed to have enough of waiting, and ran into the hall way with his wand raised. I follow quickly after him, whisper shouting furiously at him.
  He points his wand at one of the Ravenclaws, glaring furiously, "Leave him alone!"
   The group laughs, most of them being fifth years.
   "Another lion cub!" The snarky one laughs. He disarms James easily. One of the other Ravenclaws jitters a bit nervously, "Cameron, I don't think I have should be doing his. Professor Flitwick-"
   "Oh shut up," Cameron, aka snarky said with a roll of his eyes. I finally see Peter cowering behind the snarky one with wide eyes. I look behind me expecting to see Sirius and Remus, but they weren't there. Great, I thought sarcastically.
   "Well, look here," Cameron coos, "The lion cub brought a pretty little bint."
   I whip back around, black covering my vision for a moment as my hair swings into my face. Cameron lost most of his focus on James, watching me now, "You're that Hagrid girl."
   I don't say anything, holding all my anger inside. I can't risk getting mad, I just can't.
   He looks to one of the three lads behind him, "Make sure Potter doesn't go anywhere."
   The lad nods, watching James like a hawk. Cameron takes a step forward and I smirk.
   I scream as loud as I bloody well can, "Siri! Remus! Help!"
  Cameron steps back, "You little-"
"Oi!" James yells, "Is that a prank you're trying to pull?"
   Cameron realizes exactly what's going on, but is a little late. A man, most likely in his early thirties rounds a corner, a dark ginger tabby at his heels, "What is going on over here?"
   "Nothing...erm...," Cameron says awkwardly. 
   "Mr. Filch to you," the man pratically growls.
   "We were just going," Cameron says a little shakily. He nods to the boys, and they head off down the hall and out of sight. Filch glares at Peter, "Get off the floor."
  Peter scrambles to his feet. I give Filch a small wave, "Hi."
   Filch turns cherry red at the sight of me, "Get out of here you little trouble maker!"
   I pull James off the floor, "Sorry."
   The cat hisses at me as I giggle and pull James and Peter back to the common room.