Chapter 14:Talking with Minnie

-June 28th, 1973-

"Six more murders in Hogsmade..."
I closed my eyes and pressed my pillow over my head. I didn't want to hear this conversation, but it was happening right outside the hut. Sometimes I really hate having advanced hearing.
"Are you sure she is secure? Now is one of the times we can't risk being wrong."
"I'm sure she's 'ecure, Dumbledore sir."
"Alright, thank you Hagrid."
They fell into silence until I heard the door open and close.
Dad sighed from the living room. I hoped I would just suffocate into my pillow and be done with this.
=
=
=
Paws flopped over on top of my stomach, her silk like fur tickling my neck. She kneaded with her paws in an attempt to be more comfortable. I took a deep breath of the watery air, the blades of grass sliding against my arms. I wasn't able to ride the train this year- we had woken up late and wouldn't get there in time. It would still be a few hours till my best friends and fellow marauders would arrive. Paws started to purr.
I poked her nose, and she reeled back with a look of annoyance on her face. Out of all the lads, Sirius out wrote all of them, telling me anything I needed to know about the Black family, our family line, who we were supposed to like and hate, who were disowned, which house elves were the worst, etc. He had a long list on people to hate, and it made me laugh about how many times he wrote "Mother dear". When Remus mailed me, it usually was about summer assignments. He also mailed me before and after the full, in which I always replied. James and Peter's letters were usually full of nonsense or prank ideas, depending on what mood they were in.

The sun started to set, and I rolled over, nearly crushing Paws who hissed at me. I was quick to apologize to the poor cat and picked her up. She curled up in my arms as I ran back to Dad's cottage where I dropped the silky little cat off, before full on sprinting to the castle. I pulled out my wand as I ran up the steps and skidded into the Great Hall, "Your favorite student has arrived!"

Aunt Minnie shook her head as she put down her stool and the sorting hat by the staff table, "Hello to you too, Rose."

I plopped down at the end of the Gryffindor table, swinging my legs back and forth. Aunt Minnie turned to me with her hands on her hips, "No pranks until after tonight."
I giggled, "Alright."
She shook her head with a faint smile on her face and went back to her work. I spun my wand with my fingers, "Don't tell Dad or Dumbledore, but they know."
Aunt Minne froze, "Those Marauders? James, Sirius, Remus and Peter? They know?"
I nod slowly, watching her reaction," James figured it out first, but he didn't tell until Sirius pointed out that Remus was a werewolf. Remus thought I would hate him...because I...never mind. Basically they all know now."
Aunt Minnie slowly starts to work on the Hall again, "I trust your choices, Rose."

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm trying my best with the move being in ten days. Hope you liked this chapter! This story will be updated every Sunday!
xx ️Felix