14. Camping (October Fright Feast)

"...And that's how I got this scar on my ribs." David says as he lifts up his shirt to reveal a large scar etched down the left side of his rib cage. Gary runs his finger along the line, David flinches from his sudden touch.

"That must've been scary. I can't believe you went through that." Gary says as he looks up at David. Akira grabs a blanket from her bag and wraps it around herself to keep warm. Amber rubs her hands together to create some heat before putting them over the fire in front of them all, at the center of the circle they formed.

Brian stands up from his and chair and puts his back to the fire, keeping his back warm. Sarah huddles under the blanket with Akira, both of them trembling.

"And that asshole didn't go to jail!? What the fuck?" Amber says through chattering teeth.

Gary hugs himself as he begins to tremble, David smirks when he notices him shaking. David wraps an arm around Gary's shoulder and pulls him close to keep him warm. Gary blushes as he lightly lays his head down on David's shoulder, his heart beating a million beats a second.

"You know your cute when you blush." David mumbles under his breath, only so Gary could hear it. Gary begins giggling like a little school girl as his face turns an even darker red.

Amber and Sarah both notice Gary blushing and David with a wide smirk on his face. "They are so cute together, I don't know why David or Gary ask each other out?" Amber whispers as she smirks at them both.

"I don't know, maybe Gary's still traumatized by what Emanuel did to him. I mean who wouldn't be? The guy of your dreams choosing someone else over you. It practically killed him." Sarah says as she lets out a sigh, remembering the nights of hearing Gary cry himself to sleep on the phone with her.

Amber nods her head, "I couldn't imagine."

"Are you still going to Prom with Jason?" Akira cheekily asks.

Amber scoffs as she slaps Akira on the shoulder, "Don't remind me about that. That asshole ditched me for Emanuel." Amber says as she makes an angry face.

Akira and Sarah both chuckle. Brian lets out a sigh as he looks up at the starry night sky and the full moon bright as can be.

"It's so beautiful out here. We definitely need to come out here more often." Brian says as he looks down at the girls beside him.

"I definitely would not mind that." Akira says with a wide grin.

"Oh please, you only agreed to this so that you wouldn't have to babysit Ebonne's little sister." Amber says as she pouts her lips.

Akira scratches the back of her head, "I love Ebonne, but not enough to babysit her younger sister every other weekend. She can be a monster sometimes."

Brian laughs along with Sarah, but both suddenly stop when they hear a wolf howl in the distance. Everyone looks at one another with a scared look, besides David.

"Was that a god damn wolf?" Amber hoarsely asks as she begins scanning around their surroundings quickly.

David stands up, "It's okay. Wolfs won't mess with us, there's too many of us and we have a fire. We'll be fine." David says in a calming tone to keep everyone from freaking out even more.

"I don't even wanna go to bed anymore." Sarah mumbles under her breath. Brian puts a hand on her shoulder, she looks up at him and gives him a soft smile.

"Don't worry, I'll be there next to you. I'll make sure nothing bad happens to you." Brian says as he plants a kiss on her forehead.

Akira and Amber watch them both in disgust, they both look over to Gary to see him cuddling on David again. Amber and Akira both look at each other and give each other a funny look.