5. Beware the Shadows pt. 1

Eight chairs with people sitting blindfolded in each chair, around a small table. A small chandelier hanging over a green table suddenly flickers on.

One girl is startled as she looks around, she tries to move her hands, but they're tied behind her back. She moves her feet and notices them tied as well.

"Hello?" She softly calls out. No one else replies.

"Hello!" She shouts as she tries to look around, she hears muffled sound coming from somewhere around her.

"Is someone there? Hello!" She screams as her heart begins to pound hard against her chest.

"Akira? Is that you?" Someone says sitting across from her.

Akira nods her head, "Yeah, it's me! Gary where are we?"

"I don't know, I can't see anything. I've got a blindfold on. What the hell happen?" Gary anxiously asks as he tries to take the blindfold off.

"I don't know, I can't remember." Akira softly says. She looks around as she hears some footsteps getting close. Gary hears it as well and keeps quiet.

Suddenly both of there blindfolds are torn off, they wince from the sudden brightness of the light. As they're eyes adjusts the people who took them off disappear back into the shadows behind them.

They both see the other six people still with brown wool bags over their heads and tied up as well.

Gary and Akira both try look at the space they are in, but barely see a few feet around. They do notice the cement floor and ceiling.

"It's so cold." Akira says as her teeth begin to chatter.

"What the hell is going on?" Gary asks as he looks around. Suddenly a dark demonic voice echoes from the shadows.

"We are going to play a little childhood game, Duck, Duck, Goose, but with a slight twist. Though I won't say more until the rest of our players awaken." The man says before keeping silent.

"Why us!?" Akira shouts at the shadows.

"Because...well, I can't tell you that now. So just sit back and relax. The games will be starting soon."

As the minutes go by one person at a time begins to wake; Emanuel, Sarah, Amber and Brian all wake up.

"We need to get out of here! I'm scared!" Amber shouts as she begins fumbling with her ties.

"Please refrain from doing that or suffer the consequences." The dark voice says to her, Amber stops.

"Who are they?" Brian asks as he eyes the last two people still with bags over there heads.

Suddenly a person dressed in all black and a white kabuki mask step up in between the two people and takes off the bags.

"Is that...Jason? And Carl?" Akira asks as she looks to the others.

Jason begins to wake up, he squints his eyes to shield them from the bright light. "Where the hell am I?"

"We don't know. Just stay calm and don't struggle." Emanuel warns him.

"Emanuel, bro, what the fuck is going on? Why am I tied up?" Jason asks as he begins to slightly struggle.

"We don't know, do you remember anything?" Akira anxiously asks him. Jason shakes his head no.

Carl opens his eyes and looks around, he sees everyone staring at him. "Guys, what's going on?"

"Now that everyone is awake, we can start the game." The dark voice says as he lets out a sigh.