3. The Sky is Falling pt. 2

Maria's mouth drops as she watches the news coverage of the disaster at the local mall. The footage showing an aerial view of the mall almost nearly destroyed, debris from planes scattered all around the mall and people still running out of the mall.

A woman news anchor begins to talk over the footage, "As you can see the destruction is unimaginable. We haven't gotten word yet how many casualties they're have been, but our guess could be somewhere in the 80's. No word yet has come as to how this happen. Investigators are working hard to find an answer."

The screen changes back to view the three news anchors sitting at a half circle table with there morning coffees steaming beside them.

"This is awful. The investigators are interviewing all of the employees at the air show that was just a few blocks away from the mall. Some say that this could be an act of terrorism others say that the aircrafts lost control and spiraled out of the sky." A woman says as she looks between her two other anchors.

"I wouldn't be surprised if it was an act of terrorism. Though this isn't the first time something like this has happen before. Back in 1995, in Iowa there were several planes that were supposed to be apart of an act, but one of the pilots miscalculated and hit a plane. Thus each plane collided into one another killing all the pilots instantly. The debris from the explosion landed on the people watching below, killing dozens and injured even more." The man says as he taps his pen against the table.

Maria puts her hand over her heart as she listens on, "Gary, please be okay. Aye dios mio (oh my god)."

Gary coughs loudly as he slowly sits up, he looks around the mall and sees it nearly pitch black. He looks around and sees people mangled up in the plane, there bones sticking out, bodies disfigured and burnt. He gasps as he covers his mouth in utter shock, "Jesus fucking Christ."

The foul stench of burnt corpses fill his lungs, he gags at the smell. Gary looks down at his clothing and sees it black and torn.

"Akira? Sarah?" Gary softly calls out for them. No reply.

He looks around the ground, walking around debris from the ceiling and planes. He sees a child under a sheet of metal, Gary quickly crouches down and moves the metal sheet off the kid. Gary screams and jumps back, his eyes wide in horror at the mangled mess of the kid.

Gary looks away, he sees someone walk out from under a plane. He gasps when he sees Akira walking out. "Akira!"

Akira looks around and spots Gary laying on the ground. She quickly runs to him, "Gary, are you okay?"

"Yeah...I think so." Gary softly says with a small smile.

"Where's Sarah and the Reynolds?"

Gary looks around and shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know. The last thing I remember is seeing that plane coming down on us."

"Me too."

"Akira? Gary?" They hear someone call out to them. They both snap there heads in the direction of the voice to see Brian walking, out of the store he crashed through, towards them with someone in his arms.

Amber and Gary rush to him, they stop in their tracks when they see Amber in his arms. Dead.

Akira gasps as her eyes begin to water up, she covers her mouth and looks away. Gary walks up to Brian and sees him looking okay, minus a few cuts and bruises.

"What happen?" Gary asks as he looks down at Amber, he clothes nearly torn and long gashes up and down her body.

"She shielded me from the falling debris. The light box above us fell and hit her in the back of the head...there was so much blood everywhere." Brian says as he stares down at Amber's body.