*2*

Kyla

"You stay want to go to the basketball court damn. I want to go to the mall." My best friend Toya said to me.

I just rolled my eyes and continue to get dress. I decided to wear a sport bra and basketball shorts. I wanted to be comfortable when I school these niggas on the court.

Well I guess while I do my hair I can tell y'all a little about me. My name is Kyla Queens. Yes what a fool last name. Right? Ugh. I don't know what my ancestors was thinking with a last name like mine. Hmm I sometimes feel like royalty though. Shh don't tell nobody. I live with both of my parents. Wanda and Michael Queens. I know my dad sometimes feel some type of way with that name. I'm 18 years old.

"You ready?" I asked Toya.

She suck her teeth. I know she feel some type of way because we going to the court instead of the mall. I mean she know every Friday after school we go to the court. Why she tripping for?

"Mom, dad I'm going to play basketball." I yelled as I grab my basketball off the floor by the door.

"Okay!" I heard them yelled.

"Do you want to walk or you want me to drive?" I asked Toya.

I live right around the block from the basketball court.

"Lets walk." She said folding her arms.

"Look Toya if you didn't want to come you could have go to the mall by yourself. You act like we can't go to the mall after I finish playing." I snapped.

I didn't have time for her attitude. She my girl and all but damn. Calm down.

"Ky you didn't have to say all that. Gosh. Calm down." She said.

When we got to the court a game was already going on. I just sat and wait til the boys finish their game.

When it was over I walked up to the boys with my basketball ball in my hands.

"I want next." I said.

They all looked at me and started laughing.

"Nahh gone head some where lil girl. Before you get hurt." A light skin dude said still laughing at me.

"Is that a challenge?" I asked looking at him.

His boys said "oooooo."

Lol so high school.

Chris

Who this Barbie doll princess looking girl think she is? I ain't gone lie. Shawty look so fine. What a pretty girl like her self know what to do with a basketball?

"Challenge? Girl do you know who I am?" I asked her.

Baby girl better ask about me.

I'm Chris Hanes. 18 years old. I'm a military brat. Or whatever you call it. My mom and pops in the military. They want me to follow into their foot steps. But nahhh. I want to be a basketball player.

"I don't know who you are. Nor do I care. I just want to play some ball. So if you not going to play you can sit on the sideline, or play and shut the hell up." She said with attitude.

Okay this girl is testing my patience.

"Damn Chris you going to let shawty talk to you like that?" My friend Anthony asked me then laugh.

"Okay lets play a little one on one. Just me and you. Let me shut up real quick."

She nodded her head okay.

"Boy if you lose to this chick. I will laugh at you for the rest of your life." Anthony said laughing walking away.

So I let her get first ball. She did a lay up. We checked it back out to each other. She tried to block me from shooting, but I shot the ball in her face.

We went at it for an hour. Baby girl had skills. We was tied. Damn. I hope she miss. Damn she didn't miss. Damn I will never live this down.

My boys on the side laughing at me.

She walked up too me.

"Nice game." She said looking up at me.

I was feeling some type of way.

"Yeah whatever." I said then walked away from her.

***********
What y'all think so far?

I hope you guys like it.

Comment

Vote

Share

*NewMommy014*