Chapter 51: Viola

Yay! Happy Chapter 51, readers! AND WOW, MORE THAN 10K READS! You all are amazing! Sorry for late update though. Now, a time skip to next day, shall we?

ASH: Right! We're going to win a badge today, Pikachu!

PIKACHU: Pika! (Alright!)

CLEMONT: I wonder which type they use...

???: Bug!

The group comes to a halt, and a flash blinds their sight for a moment. In front of them, a woman with sandy blond hair and a camera in her hands stands in front of them.

VIOLA: I'm the Gym Leader, Viola! Proud user of Bug- types.

ASH: *Excited* So YOUR the Gym Leader! My names Ash, and I'd really like to challenge you!

BARRY: *Pushes Ash away* No, I called it before you! I'm Barry, and-

But he's interrupted, as Serena trips him.

SERENA: Let my boyfriend go first.

Everyone laughs, including Viola.

VIOLA: Well, I'm supposed to accept offers only when school starts. Can you show me where the Principal is? Oh, and the room.

EVERYONE: Sure!

A couple minutes later...

BARRY: *Thinks with sneaky grin* Nah, I don't care what Serena thinks. I'll ask Viola before Ash does- oh shoot, Serena's giving me the death glare.

PRINCIPAL: Of course, you all have been notified of a Kalos Gym Leader coming all the way to Kanto to visit and battle you students. So, I'd like us to give her a warm welcome- Viola!

The students clap and applaud politely.

PRINCIPAL: Now, you are free to challenge her.

A horde of students charge at Viola, but Ash and Barry are the quickest to her. The two boys try to push each other out of the way, but neither gives up. Until a certain, unhappy girl steps in. She pushes through the mass of students, and taps Barry lightly on the shoulder.

BARRY: *Not looking, annoyed* What do you WANT?!

When he finally turns around, Serena has an innocent smile on her face.

SERENA: *Nicely* Oh, I thought I told you to please let Ash battle first.

BARRY: Uh, well, that's not going to happen-

Again, Barry is interrupted with a slap to the face, a quick punch in the gut, and a kick.

TIERNO: *Sweat drops* I think Serena has turned into a Fighting- type Pokémon...

Ash flashes a grin at Serena, and stops running in front of Viola. Meanwhile...

BARRY: Wanna go?!

DAWN: Stupid as ever.

MAY: I hope he DOES know that last time they did this, Serena won... by a lot...

SHAUNA: Yeah... oh, and there he goes...

A 'thump' hushes the audience who is spectating the fight. Then, laughter follows suit. Ash pays no mind.

ASH: Viola? I think I have the right to challenge you first.

VIOLA: *Smiles* Of course! Come outside to the battlefield.

With murmurs of excitement and suspense, the students follow the Trainers.

SERENA: Go, Ash!

Everyone cheers, as the battle begins. Viola and Ash step up, calling out their Pokémon. Now, it's Pikachu versus Surskit.

REFEREE: Begin!

ASH: Alright! Pikachu, use Quick Attack!

VIOLA: Dodge!

The mouse Pokémon charges at Surskit full speed, but surprisingly, it manages to dodge the fast attack, skidding for a moment, then coming to a stop.

ASH: *Mutters* Fast. *Commands* Pikachu, Iron Tail!

VIOLA: Surskit, Bubblebeam!

ASH: Deflect them!

Pikachu dashes towards its target, who spews a stream of bubbles at it. The Electric- type jumps nimbly, and swings its tail, reflecting all of them back to Surskit, who gets hit.

PIKACHU: *Being awesome* Pi, Pi, Pi... PIKA!

VIOLA: Huh- Surskit! But we haven't shown them this yet. Surskit, Ice Beam!

The Pokémon fires a line of ice, which frosts over the ground.

VIOLA: A picture perfect scene!

But Ash only smiles, and nods to Pikachu. With a 'Pika!', the Pokémon uses Iron Tail into the ground, holding it in place.

SERENA: The tournament!

The crowd of students murmur in surprise as Pikachu holds its ground.

ASH: Nice going! Pikachu, Thunderbolt!

With its tail still embedded into the ground, Pikachu releases the Electric- type move. Surskit, unable to react fast enough, takes a direct hit.

ASH: I don't think it fainted yet. I can't see behind the smoke...

Serena, too, squints her eyes. She spots the outline of Surskit, and when it finally clears up, it's legs wobble, but it continues to stand.

ASH: Electro Ball!

Pikachu jumps from its position.

PIKACHU: *Charges* Pika... *Releases* Chu PI!

The sphere of electricity reflects in Surskit's eyes as it impacts the bug Pokémon. Then, everyone takes notice of the swirly eyes.

SERENA: Alright! It was a quick match!

ASH: Yeah, Pikachu! One down, one to go!