Chapter 6: Help

Last time, Serena battled the shiny wild Eevee and successfully caught it. However, just then, a capsule was thrown at her feet and a cage formed around her. The cell started to rise into an aircraft, but Ash unexpectedly hung on to the cell. Serena convinced Ash to let go and get help.

ASH: Pikachu, I need you to use Thunderbolt on the ground to slow the fall, at least by a little bit!

PIKACHU: Pika, Pika! (Got it!) Pika... Chuuu!

As Pikachu uses Thunderbolt with all its power, Ash braces himself for a hard fall, hanging on to Pikachu. Once they hit the ground, though, Ash forgets all his pain and starts running for the others.  On the way, he runs into Calem.

ASH: Calem, thank Arceus! Serena's been kidnapped and I-

CALEM: What? She's been kidnapped?!

ASH: Look, I know it's a pretty tall tale, but you gotta believe me! We need to get the others to help!

CALEM: Right. Let's go, Meowstic!

ASH: Woah, how did you get a Kalos Pokémon all the way here in Kanto?!

CALEM: Didn't you hear? Evidently, some group is trying to bring all sorts of Pokémon from all the other regions here in Kanto.

ASH: *Thinks* Woah, now that I'm talking to him, I realize he's not that shy after all! Ugh, what am I thinking?! Focus, Ash! Focus on saving Serena!

Ash thinks for a moment, and recalls something the teacher mentioned. If anyone is in trouble, send up a signal somehow using your Pokémon's moves.

ASH: Calem, I'm going to have Pikachu use Electro Ball into the air up high! I need your Meowstic to use Psychic to somehow make it noticeable!

CALEM: *Figures out what Ash is trying to do* Alright, did you hear that, Meowstic?

MEOWSTIC: Meow! (Yes, sir!)

ASH: Pikachu, Electro Ball!

CALEM: Use Psychic on the Electro Ball and make it noticeable, Meowstic!

Once Pikachu's move soars into the sky, Meowstic controls the energy and waves it around frantically. Then, the Electro Ball explodes, creating mini lightning bolts everywhere.

CALEM: They'd be blind not to notice that.

ASH: You're Meowstic is pretty darn flashy!

Soon enough, Dawn, May, Barry, Clemont, Paul, and the teacher show up. Ash thoroughly explains the situation to the group.

DAWN, MAY, BARRY, CLEMONT: Serena was WHAT?!

TEACHER: Oh, my! I'm afraid this one's up to you kids. I'm getting older and losing my old skills. I will contact Officer Jenny right away. You see, I'm going to let you decide on your own, what you will do. It's not up to me to control what my students feel they should do. But be safe, whichever choice.

Everyone (really except Paul) is shocked at the teacher's words, but no one complains.

MAY: Well, of course we are going to save Serena.

BARRY: So Paul, whether you like it or not, if you're coming, you're going to have to collaborate with us. Got it?

PAUL: Fine. Just don't get in my way.

ASH: *Looks up to the sky* But what do they want with Serena?

DAWN: *Puts hand on Ash's shoulder* Think. In the cage, was there anything out of the ordinary?

Ash sits down on the ground and thinks for a good minute or two. He thinks about Serena, and next to her was her Fennekin. But he was pretty sure something else was also in the cage at the time. A white, furry, object... A Pokémon?