Chapter 9: Revolt

Last time, the group took action and infiltrated the Pokémon Hunter's air craft. When Serena learns of Pokémon Hunter J's purpose, she refuses to give her the newly caught Eevee. Right when Salamence was about to use Hyper Beam on her, the lights went out.

SERENA: The- the lights? What happened?!

J: Girl, in the time I am absent, consider my offer more carefully. I will return to take your Eevee into custody once this problem is sorted out.

SERENA: *Thinks* Once she's gone, I'll escape.

J: *Towards two guards* You two! Make sure she stays where she is.

SERENA: *Thinks* Arceus! In another time, I'd prefer no to, but now I have to take them out. I've got no choice.

One guard sends out a Houndoom, and the other brings out a Mightyena. As Serena carefully inspects her cage, she finds the gaps are large enough for Fennekin's Ember to get through.

SERENA: Fennekin, Ember through the gaps of the cage!

FENNEKIN: Fen... Fennekin! *Uses Ember*

The flames of Fennekin's Ember reaches the guards and their Pokémon, creating a thick layer of smoke. In surprise, they back away. Eevee, understanding Serena's plan, tries to use Shadow Ball to break the cage. However, the bars are still intact.

SERENA: We need to help each other out! Eevee, use Helping Hand on Fennekin to power her up, and Fennekin, use Ember!

But instead of the spread out flames of Ember, a single, pure line of fire shoots out of Fennekin's mouth, melting away the cage.

SERENA: Fennekin... that's... that's Flamethrower! *Shakes head of thoughts* Alright, let's go!

The trainer and Pokémon jump out of the cage. Once the smoke clears out, the guards gasp in surprise as their captives are free of the cell.

SERENA: Eevee, I need you to use Charm on Houndoom, and Fennekin, use Scratch on the Mightyena!

As Eevee spreads her cuteness to the Pokémon, Fennekin sprints towards the other Dark-type Pokémon and uses Scratch on it. The Mightyena could not dodge the attack, and instead gets hit. The first guard orders the Houndoom to use Crunch on Fennekin, while the other orders the Mightyena to use Bite on the same Pokémon.

SERENA: *Thinks* I get it... hurting Eevee isn't something their boss would be pleased about. *Yells* Eevee, it's going to be fine. Trust me! Jump in front of Fennekin!

Sure enough, when Eevee carries out its Trainer's orders, the two Dark-type Pokémon stop their attacks.

SERENA: Now's our chance! Fennekin, Flamethrower on Mightyena, and Eevee, Tackle on Houndoom!

FENNEKIN: Fenn...ekin!

EEVEE: Eevee!

In shock, the guards do nothing to stop the incoming attacks. Fennekin torches the Mightyena with its fiery breath while Eevee slams into the Houndoom with incredible force. Both of the opposing Pokémon faint. Serena motions for her Pokémon to follow. But then, she suddenly stops.

The Pokémon Hunter J stands in front of them.