Chapter 34: Two Paths

Last time, Aura, Cole, and Zorua explain how they are all researching the few people with the power to become strong immediately and emit an aura round them. They were interested in Serena, so they enrolled in the Academy. Soon enough, they took their leave.

ASH: Well, we should probably tell the others-

BARRY: *Out of nowhere* So cool!

ASH, SERENA: Ehh?!

SHAUNA: And really sweet, too!

SERENA: *Sweatdrops* Ash, we probably should've known this would happen...

ASH: *Sweatdrops* Yeah. Anyways, you heard all of that?

The large group nods all at the same time.

SERENA: At least they spared us from explaining.

DAWN: Oh, I just forgot!

EVERYONE ELSE: What did you forget?

DAWN: We're all going to Kalos!

SERENA: Really?! Why?

MAY: Oh my Arceus, you're right! We're going to watch a Showcase!

DAWN: Five of us students who really want to Perform in the event will be chosen to actually participate!

SERENA: No way... How many Performers? Fifteen in all?

MAY: That's right! I'm thinking of participating!

DAWN: Same here! I know that blue-haired girl- was her name Miette?- was thinking of joining, too, plus Zoey, a girl I met who's just moved here.

MAY: That leaves one more spot. Hey, Serena, it would be great if you could join!

ASH: That's a good idea. You should try it!

CLEMONT: You know, you're aura was very beautiful. It could be a tool for you to use in the Free Performance.

SERENA: It- it would?

TREVOR: Think about it. It would be the first time the judges had seen anything like that.

TIERNO: All you have to do is train.

SERENA: Alright! I'm in!

ASH: Of course, I'll be cheering you on!

SERENA: *Thinks* That will be my drive. Ash is expecting me to win, so I will.

BARRY: Hold up, now. Are you saying you want to Perform now? Because you're a great battler. Not as good as me still, but you're awesome at battling!

Everyone sweatdrops.

SERENA: That depends. I've never been very good at battling, but since I have Ash now, my abilities have improved a lot. But since the very start, I thought I'd be in for more of Performances, Contests, or even Styling. Those types of things, not battles.

ASH: Well, you don't have to choose now. Take your time.

The group continues talking about Showcases and how excited they were to go to Kalos. Serena suddenly feels like someone is watching her, and she whips around, but the presence is gone.

ASH: Huh? Serena, what's up?

SERENA: *Thinks* It's gone... *Replies* Oh, it's nothing.

The group walks back towards the school, where the first five female students to sign up get to participate in the Showcase. Luckily, the three spots were still left open.

SHAUNA: Great! All of us will can participate!

After the group of three signs up, they start talking about training.

DAWN: It looks like we'll be leaving for Kalos in a week.

SERENA: I'd better start practicing.

SHAUNA: Same goes for me. Good luck, guys!

Everyone in the group watches as Dawn goes over to Kenny and asks him for his help. Shauna snickers.

ASH: Serena, I'll come with you.

SERENA: Thanks!

And with that, Serena goes off to practice with Ash, while Dawn trains with Kenny and Shauna goes alone.