Preview of All We Were (Book Two in the Morgan Series)

Nervous was probably the understatement of the century when it came to what Sprig was feeling. She wanted to hyperventilate, but here she was standing outside of the church waiting to walk into what was supposed to be one of the best days of her life.

Only, it didn't feel like the best day of her life. It felt more like a nightmare. It's not that she didn't care for Nathan, really she did. It was that she cared for him in a brotherly sort of way and she was just now realizing this.

"Oh God, I think I'm going to be sick." She muttered to herself. She had really fucked up now, she thought.

Just then Chyanne walked back out and came towards her. "Everything okay, Sprig?" She said with concern on her face.

"Um. No, nothing's okay right now. I'm freaking the fuck out. I don't want to go in there, I don't want to marry Nathan. I just don't---" she was rambling.

Chyanne nodded, there wasn't anything she could have said to Sprig to talk her into going into that church and marrying Nathan. Chyanne turned on her heels, probably going to get Enya.

It seemed like an eternity had passed before she heard the doors open again. It was Chyanne followed by Enya. Great. Just great, she wasn't going to have a sister meeting right now. Now was not the time.

"What's going on Sprig?" Enya asked kneeling down beside her. "You're getting your dress all dirty."

"Enya I can't go in there. I can't marry him. He isn't what I'm looking for and the more I sit our here, the more I know I'm not in love with Nathan. I'm just doing it for convience." She blurted out.

Enya seemed taken back by that for a few seconds and then sighed. "Good. I'm am so relieved you said that."

Sprig did a double take, "Good?" She asked moreso confused than she already was.

Enya nodded. "Yeah, I don't like Nathan and knre the minute I met him that he wasn't for you."

Chyanne nodded in the background, mirroring Enya's relief that Sprig was not going to get married today.

Sprig tried to feel relieved but there was just one more problem niggling at her gut. She had to tell Nathan.