Making it public

Author's Note: I'm writing perma-mobile write now and not through the app so typos may be seen more regularly.  Computer crashed last night and it's probably a hardware issue. Story of my life! Anyway, thanks for reading! 

Enya spent Saturday getting ready for the banquet that she'd promised Cato she'd go to with him. This evening she'd chosen a softer look. She'd gone with a pale rose Vera Wang floor length strapless evening gown. She'd kept her hair down but had it straightened and had her part side swept with a pearl head piece keeping it held back. She'd gone with subtle make up, light pink lip gloss and blush matching the color of her gown. Her neck had been adorned with pearls and same for her wrist. 

At six o'clock, Cato buzzed himself into her condo. When she stepped into the living room her breath caught in her throat. He had chosen to wear a slate gray tuxedo with a black shirt and lighter gray tie, he'd chosen pearl cuff links. It was like he'd known she'd chosen to wear pearls. "Hey there Slick, you're looking pretty sexy in that get up." She said walking closer to him. 

"You're ah, you look amazing Enya. Really." He said never taking his eyes off her. "What do ya say we get out of here and go have ourselves a good time?" He gestured for her to put her arm through his bent elbow.

Obliging, Enya smiled warmly, "Let's." 

*********

It hadn't taken long for the media masses to catch on that both Enya Morgan and Cato Slade had arrived together and were now arm in arm walking down the entry way of the banquet. They were met with an onslaught of questions, none of which they answered. They just kept their casual pace, with warm smiles and taking time for photos here and there. 

Once seated, they immersed themselves into casual conversations with everyone around them. It seemed everyone had taken notice of their coupled appearance. 

"So then I finally told the guy, "If how I run my business doesn't suit you then there's the door." I don't mind making certain changes to cater to people who might be interested in dealing with me but for him to ask for me to change my policies were outlandish in my mind. " said a man who was on the shorter side with a stocky build. He appeared to be middle aged. He laughed when Cato said something. Which had the whole group chuckling in return. 

"Send him my way Swindle. I'll take care of him." Cato said with a devilish grin. 

At that moment music from the Love Orchestra started filling the ballroom. It was a soft melody that drifted through the crowds. A small number of the guests had already taken up dancing opposite to where Enya and Cato now stood. 

Finishing his glass of champagne, Cato excused the two of them and lead them to the dance floor. " Ha, Cato I don't really dance so be forewarned if I step on your toes or you know possibly break your foot. I'm not graceful at all." Enya said trying to postpone the dance. 

"You're going to do just fine, I'll have you know I'm a fantastic dancer so just follow my lead and I'll have you looking like a professional in no time." Cato said taking her one hand and wrapping his arm at her waist. 

"Okay, just don't say I didn't warn you. I have no rhythm, I've been told multiple times I can't dance," she said allowing him to lead her around the ballroom, however awkwardly she moved. 

"Didn't I tell you I like a challenge? I think you're doing great--ouch. That's my toe, no don't look down. Keep Your eyes on me babe. There. See? You pick up fast. Just relax and let me lead the way." Cato said confidently.  

"Alright but just so you know, if you complain about your feet hurting later, I will not rub your feet. No matter how much you beg." She said leaning in closer to Cato.