Quality time

Later that evening, Enya called Sonja. She needed someone to talk to, someone who would listen and probably wake her up to reality.

"Hey Son, You want to grab a beer and maybe eat some trash food with me?" She asked when Sonja finally picked up.

"Hey sure! Haven't heard from you in a couple of weeks, everything okay?" Her friend was very observant towards Enya.

"Ah, nothing a couple of beers and some downtime with my girl won't fix." Could she really have sounded anymore suspicious in that moment?

"Spill En, what problems you facing? Anything to do with a certain guy...", Oh she's good, Enya thought.

"Alright," She sighed and fiddled with her hair, "It's Cato, we-he, Jesus I don't know how to explain this shit, Son." She flopped down onto her bed. "It's like everything is just different. It's changed. It scares me."

"Mmm sounds like you're addicted to the D, my friend." Sonja joked, "Listen, let's go get those beers but bring Cato. I want to meet his ass."

"Hey now, he has a very, very fine ass. I've seen it, I've touched it--" Enya was saying when her friend cut her off.

"EW, no I do not need to know your sex life. Just bring him to Spades and I'll interrogate the hell out of him." Sonja mimed disgust.

"Alright, Alright. I'll bring him but only because you're my closest friend and you'll know if I need to kick him to the curb!" Enya chuckled, deep down though she was sweating bullets. This was the first time she'd ever let a guy hang out with her... in her personal life.

"I'm sure I'll like him. I'm just glad you're finally starting to see the light to your old wicked ways. Listen, I'm going to hop off here and get ready, I suggest you do the same. I'll see you around seven okay?" Sonja hung up and left Enya on her own.

The phone rang a few times before a breathless Cato answered, "Hey babe, what's up?"

"Hey, if you're busy I can always call back tomorrow. I didn't mean to--er, bother you. I'll just let you go." Enya said faster than the speed of light.

Laughing, "You're fine, I'm at the gym but I just finished. What's going on? It's surprise hearing your sexy voice on the phone." Enya could hear someone in the background whistling and clearly dogging Cato. "Shut the hell up Matt or I'll kick your ass again." Cato jested to his friend.

A light bulb went off in Enya's head. "Hey listen, I was supposed to meet a girlfriend for beers at a bar we frequent, She wanted me to bring just you but if I know Sonja, She'll be ecstatic to oogle the hell out of Matt. Bring him, that way it doesn't feel like a third wheel kind of thing."

"Damn Enya, are you asking me out on a date? I'll have to thank Sonja later." Enya could have sworn she heard a smacking sound, and then Cato laughed and said something to Matt.

"Don't be too skippy, she wants to intimidate you." Enya laughed. "The bar is Spades, it's in Brooklyn."

"I'm familiar with the place, I'll grab a shower and meet you there and I might think about bringing Matt just to get into Sonja's good graces." Clearly the last statement wasn't really meant for Enya, as much as it was for Matt.

"Alright, great. I'll see you around seven? Wear something sexy Slick. I want something to oogle too." Enya hung up and started getting ready. It didn't take long because well, it was a damn sports bar and she was going on a casual outing. She'd chosen another pair of distressed jeans and a tank top that read "This Girl Needs A Beer." She'd decided to go bra-less again. She kept her hair down and went a little heavier on the eyeliner and mascara. She threw on the same pair of worn grey Chucks and put a little Armani Cuir Noir on. She was out of the door not twenty-five minutes later.