Uneasy

The work week wasn't any better on Enya. There's been a few back outs in the advertising agency, a few cancellations for the photography studio and her secretary quit.  The appraiser's visit hadn't gone any better in terms of funds. Enya needed a mixed martial arts night and probably a beer. 

The only thing that had kept Enya together had been Cato's support. He'd been patient, helping and had done nothing but try to take her mid off of what happened. He'd been her rock and it was getting harder and harder to not fall for him. She didn't want to admit she was in love with him just yet, it hadn't been a full month yet. How was she supposed to know what love was? 

At that exact moment Cato called her. "Hey Fire Cracker, how's my girl today?" 

"Eh, my day could be going a lot better, I was just thinking about a sexy guy though so it was kind of getting better." She said turning her chair to look out her window. 

"Oh really? Hope that sexy guy was me. Otherwise I'd be extremely jealous." He said chuckling softly. 

"Guess you'll just have to wait and see." She said absently. 

At that moment Enya heard Cato cuss under his breath. "Listen Enya, I-uh have to I I'll talk to you when I get free ment, just don't go anywhere because I want to meet up with you after work. Bye Fire Cracker."  Just like that he severed their call. 

Enya had this uneasy feeling about how abrupt he'd been with her on the phone. All kinds of ideas shot through her mind and none them eased her mind. 

Geoff hit the intercom, "Enya, there's someone here to see you. Says her name is Amanda Pierce. She's saying she has some business information she'd like to pass onto you." 

She had no clue who Amanda Pierce was but she seemed intrigued enough to want to see what she had to share. "Alright, let her through." 

Amanda looked like the typical socialite. Her demeanor was tell tale sign that she'd come from money. Old money. She had medium length dark brown hair that was straight and not a strand was out of place. Warm honey colored eyes looked at Enya and a cool smile was worn on her lips. She was of petite build, much shorter than Enya. A perfect manicured hand reached out to shake hands. Enya obliged. "Hello Ms. Pierce, what brings you buy the office?" Enya asked somewhat cooly. She couldn't place her sudden disdain towards Amanda but she didn't shake it off either, there was a reason and Emya had to go with her gut on this one. 

"Ah yes, you're very short and to the point. I've read about that in an article somewhere about you, among other things that was mentioned." Amanda smirked, there was no doubt she was talking about her history with men. Enya wondered what game she wa playing. 

"Yes, I don't have time for small talk, I prefer to cut the chase and not waste anyone's time. I'm sure you've noticed I'm quite busy." She gestured around her. 

"Okay, then I won't waste yours any further. I came here to talk to you about Cato. He's not who you think he is, and he's going to use you and then split. Trust me." Amanda stated boldly. 

And there it was, the entire reason why Enya didn't like her. Cato. "What makes you think that?" Enya said shifted a little in her seat. 

"I've been there, where you are with him Enya. It's not pretty in the end. You'd better watch yourself. " Amanda said narrowing her eyes. 

Raising an eyebrow, "Why does that sound more like a threat than warning?" 

Gasping, "you're quite blunt for a woman, has anyone told you that?" She rounded. 

"Yes, they have but it goes in line with not wasting any time. Tell me, Amanda, did you really come here to warn me," she said looking the woman up and down, "or did you come here to size me up and expect me to worry about having my heart broken? Expect me to walk away because that's what you've read about me? What's your relationship to Cato? " Enya asked triumphant when Amanda's eyes widened but then they narrowed in complete anger. 

Getting up, ready to make her way out of the door, " Watch yourself, you cold hearted bitch."  She said turning the door knob. 

Nodding, "will do Ms. Pierce, I always do. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." 

Amanda stomped out her office, fuming. Slightly annoyed, Enya was going to have to do some google searching to figure out who the hell she was to Cato. It was obvious she was attracted to Cato. This was one more thing Enya needed to add to her list for shittiest  day ever. 

She quickly started up her laptop and typed in Amanda's name. Amanda's father had been a successful lawyer, who had invested in the stock market and other lucrative business ventures. She'd gone to Yale but so far hadn't done much in terms of a career. She'd headed several charity events. She'd married a lawyer named Andrew Pierce which made Enya wonder why she hadn't corrected her when she'd said miss. 

Enya looked into google images, Andrew and Amanda together were a striking couple but it was clear to see that there was ice between them. Hadn't always been, their early pictures wher smiles and laughter.  Enya hit the arrow button for the next image and was floored. There stood much younger Cato, his arm wrapped around Amanda both looking extremely in love and extremely flushed fromSex.  There were more photos of them together and it only aggravated Enya more. She went to click off when the page refreshed and two new photos surfaced at the top. Amanda wearing what she'd worn today, sitting at a lunch table. Her hand say intimately ontop of Cato's arm, both smiling from some inside joke they were sharing. Amanda's face said it all, she was still attracted to Cato and it was hard to read Cato's face. That jarred Enya a little, she didn't like that she couldn't tell what Cato was thinking. She's been right about Amanda though and it irked her that she was feeling hurt by all of this. 

She didn't want to see Cato tonight. She just wanted to go neat the hell out of something and then hide in her apartment. She was going to do exactly that. She let Geoff know that she was leaving for the day and that he was free to go too. She got into the Range Rover and called Sonja. "You free for a session?" She asked. Soon after she was on her way to go work out her frustration. Afterwards she'd go home and do something she'd never done before. She'd go home and shower, and cry as the water washed the years away. 

This was what Enya had been afraid of when she'd let Cato in and he was slowly cracking the walls she'd built up to protect herself. Most of all she was mad she'd let it happen in the first place.