Romance

The work week started out chaotic. It seemed a few things in each of the departments were either not running as smoothly as they could have or projects had gotten pushed back. This was all Enya needed considering she had a showing at the gallery that evening. She'd wanted some of the work that some of her employees had done to be showcased but that was looking like dead end. She'd just have to put two or three pieces she had done lately up along with the other projects that had been turned in on time. 

It was nearly lunch time by the time she had gotten things squared away. Geoff knocked and opened the door, knowing that'd she'd be taking lunch in a few minutes. "Enya these came for you, where would you like me to put them?" He said holding a case full of tiger lilies. 

"Oh, uh... just set them over by the window on that stand okay? Thanks, Geoff."

She walked over to them examining the little white card in between the arrangement.  

 Saw these and thought of you  fire cracker, Slick. 

Smiling she walked over to her desk placing the card down she picked up the phone and dialed his number. He answered it on the first ring, " Hey Fire Cracker. I take it you got the arrangement?" 

"First an amazing bubble bath, followed by great sex and then a massage and now flowers? If I didn't know any better I'd swear that The Cato Slade was the romancing type. " she said twirling the cord of her phone around he finger . 

"You got me babe, anything for you. Got to keep my ginger happy, otherwise I might pay for it later." He paused, "Hey, was wondering if you'd want to go out to dinner tonight or something?" 

Wincing Enya said, "Uh, I can't. I have a showing at the Gallery tonight but you're more than welcome to be my plus one, Slick. What do you say, I don't think you've seen what I do or part of what I do." 

"I'll be there, always." They didn't talk about much else before they let each other go, Enya ordered something from the local deli and had it delivered and she multitasked her way through lunch to fully catch up. 

The rest of the day was spent in meetings and overseeing the final touches of the Gallery showcase. "Ms. Morgan we still need at least two pieces to finish the line up." Geoff said looking around at the rest of the photos. 

"On it Geoff, I've got three pieces I want to showcase from the Slade project so we're good. I'm going to head back upstairs and get them printed on canvas and I'll have them sent down before I leave to get ready for the showing." She said straightening one piece. 

Her phone alerted her to a new text, she swiped the lock screen and opened her messages. 

 What time do you want to meet up- Cato. 

Uh I'm going to head to my apartment pick me up there around 8-Enya 

See you there, can't wait-Cato 

Look sexy for me Slick-Enya 

Always-Cato 

********

Around eight o'clock Enya was making her way down to the lobby, Cato took the opportunity to meet her there and usher her out to the Rolls.  

"You look like sin in that dress," Cato said clearing his throat.

Enya had chosen to wear a navy fit and flare cocktail dress, she'd worn her hair down but had styled it in loose waves, she'd chosen nude stilettos and her accessories were all pearls. 

"Look who's  talking, Slick." She let her eyes wander. He'd chosen a light grey business suit, a navy shirt and matching tie. Her mind wandered to much darker thoughts.