Twenty

EXPRESS YOURSELF - N.W.A
[A/N: so one of my posters shows a sweaty ashton. I'm totally fine.]

"I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you." A feminine voice said.

Michael freaked out and shot his head out of the bath water only to see a girl sitting on the basin. Her hair was probably the most eye catching thing Michael had seen, aside from Luke. It was half black and the other half was purple.

"Who the fuck are you?" Michael said as he tried to collect a pile of bubbles to cover his manlihood. The girl only looked to be about ten years old and Michael didn't want to scar her with things she didn't need to see. [A/N: shut up i want her to be ten.]

"I'm Melanie and and i'm eleven thank you very much." She said as she continued to stare at Michael who seemed amaze at what she just said.

"I can read your thoughts." She shrugged.

"What do you want?" He asked, keeping his hands below the water.

"Well I heard about how the angels were taken back and i'm what you would call a fallen angel." She said as she picked at her black nails.

"Where are your wings then?" Michael questioned as he tried to look behind the girl.

She rolled her eyes, hopping off the basin before turning around. "My wings are tattered and barely visible."

Michael squinted trying to see if her wings were actually there and they sure as hell were.

"Wait why did you tell me not to hold my breath?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow at the small girl who was digging through his cabinets.

She poked her head out of his cabinet, handing him a towel. "You'd want to be alive when this happens."

Michael motioned for her to turn around as he stepped out of the bath tub, wrapping the pink towel around him.

He walked out of the bathroom and towards his wardrobe, pulling out some clothes.

The small girl walked out with Michael's razors in her hand. "You see these?" She said.

Michael's eyes widened. "What are you doing." He quickly slipped on his boxers and let the towel drop. "Don't touch them!"

"Then you don't touch them!" Melanie screamed. "I'm going to flush these and you're going to sit and watch."

She walked back into the bathroom and just as Michael entered he saw the small girl smiling into the toilet as the razors swirled down.

"Buh-bye." She said as she waved at them.

Michael tried to relax as he walked back into his room, slipping on his shirt.

"Now, as you know what was burnt into your floor at school, only a few will survive." She said clapping her hands together. "You're one of the few."

Michael swears everything is trying to keep him here. Why wont the world just let him die? At least then he'll be at peace.

"Michael, the only reason why you'll survive is because of Luke." Melanie said. "You guys had a connection, whatever that may be, but you did. Only the people who had a connection with their angel will survive. Sadly, that's only about one out of a hundred angels."

"How many angels were sent to help?" Michael asked as he walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. The small girl followed after him, grabbing a coke out of the fridge before opening it and making herself comfortable at his dining table.

"A thousand." She said. "We tried to send more down but we couldn't."

Melanie rolled her eyes. "There will be ten more fallen angels, and well the other 7 billion or so people on earth will still be here but like, you know what, i actually have no idea whats going to happen to them." The little girl said as she pushed her hair behind her ear.

Michael his hands down his face, sighing as he rested his elbows against the wooden table. "So you're saying that i'm going to have wings like you?"

Melanie nodded. "Then we can be best friends and never die." She took another sip of her coke.

For an eleven year old, Melanie spoke as if she was way older. Everything about her seemed more mature, apart from the fact that she was short and flat chest. She was very pretty and Michael would very much admit it.

"How long have you been like this, Melanie?" Michael asked the smaller person, resting his head upon his fist.

"Well, i think i've been eleven for around ten years now. So technically i'm like twenty one but you know." She said as she plucked one of her feathers off of her wings. "No boobs or sex for me."

Michael nodded, taking another sip of his water before actually swallowing it this time. He couldn't imagine what it would be like to have wings, let alone fly.

He wondered about Luke and how things were for him right now. Was it very important good news? Or was it very important bad news? Michael hoped it was the first because he didn't want Luke to be sad.

If Luke was happy, Michael was happy and all the purple haired boy wanted was for his angel to always smile.
---

"What the fuck do you mean he's not going to become one?!" Luke yelled.

He was fuming, he was basically called back to Nirvana only to be told that the fallen angel project he had been sent on was a fail.

Only three out of a thousand angels had made a connection with their human and apparently that wasn't enough for what they had planned.

"Luke, I know you cared about the boy, but there is absolutely nothing we can do!" His mother said back to him. She had tried to calm him down but apparently that wasn't an option.

"I didn't just care about him mum! I fucking loved that boy!" Luke cried out. He stormed into his room, slamming the door shut as he screamed into his pillow.

Luke never wished for any of this to happen. He never wished to become an angel. He never wished to be sent to earth. But he was glad that he did. He would have never had met Michael if it wasn't for this strange procedure.

Luke had heard about the fallen angels. He had seen quite a few around his small town before. All of them had black, hardly visible wings. Some were tattered but Luke just thought they had gotten into too many fights.

But today, he found out that fallen angels were humans. They were brought here by angels only if they were special. Only if they had the connection. He also learnt that some angels forgot to bring their person back, leaving them stuck on earth.

He wasn't about to leave Michael behind and if that meant breaking the laws of his world just to get his love, he was going to do it.

[A/N: 1k+ words are ya'll happy.

I just finished season two of the x-files and they left it on a cliff hanger AND IM WORRIED ABOUT MULDER LIKE NO PLEASE DONT DIE *crosses fingers and prays that he hid under the dead alien bodies.

Do you guys want me to make a kik groupchat? Like one about this story of just all of my stories?

Just remember, you don't make friends with salad unless they stab you in the front because then they are true.]