Five

IS THERE SOMEWHERE - HALSEY

A/N: may be triggering.

Michael wished that his past wasn't so messed up.

If it was normal and happy, then Luke wouldn't need to hear the horrible things that he had been through.

Michael was sat at the kitchen counter, staring at the mug in between his hands.

He really wanted to tell Luke why he was here, but he didn't want the boy to think of him differently.

Michael heard a soft noise and tilted his head slightly, seeing Luke walk down the stairs.

The winged boy rubbed his eyes tiredly, "Why are you awake?"

"Can't sleep." Michael mumbled.

Luke made his way over to the seat next to Michael's and sat down. "Why not?"

Michael let out a small sigh."You know how the pamphlet says crap about how the 'patient' need help or needs to be fixed?"

"Yeah." Luke said, nodding.

"Well I need to tell you why you're here."

Luke looked at Michael whose expression had completely fallen. He grabbed the mug out of his hands and set it down on the counter. The blonde boy softly pulled Michael from his seat and lead him to the couch.

Luke pulled Michael, so that his head was resting against his chest. "Why do I need to fix you Michael?"

Michael sighed. "It all started when I was ten. My parents started to fight which led to a divorce. When that happened I fell into depression and started to, um, you know." Michael pulled up his sleeves slightly showing the many scars upon his wrist. Luke grabbed his arm and placed a small kiss on Michael's scars. He sucked in a small breath,

"Then I found out I was gay and told my best friend. I didn't realize that he was so afraid of gay people and he completely turned his back on me. He told everyone that I was a disgusting fag that deserved to be hated. Before that, the person I loved the most committed suicide, leaving me even more alone then ever. My mum remarried and ran off with her new partner and my dad went missing."

By now his tears were completely running off his face and onto Luke's chest.

"Luke, i've tried to kill myself 6 times! What's wrong with me?!" He sobbed.

He gripped onto Luke's shirt and cried. Luke rubbed Michael's back in a soothing manner, placing kisses on his forehead.

"I hate how I look. I've tried so many things to change my appearance. I dyed my hair, got tattoos, even piercings! But everyone still calls me ugly and I agree with them. I'm just a fat piece of shit that everyone hates." Michael cried even more.

It upset Luke to see Michael like this, just yesterday he had seemed like the happiest boy alive.

Luke dropped his head so that it was near Michael's ear. "I don't think your ugly Michael. You are honestly the most beautiful boy i've ever seen and I don't know how you can't see that. Your hair is very cool and so are your piercings and tattoos. I happen to think that homophobes are just people who are jealous of the way that you are." He placed another kiss to the broken boys hair.

"And all those things that happened in the past, i'll help you forget them. I'm going to make you think that you're beautiful, i'm going to help you forget everything horrible that's ever happened to you, i'm going to make you happy again." Luke's gaze dropped down to Michael's wrist, seeing the scars that had been carelessly placed.

His eyes filled with water and his tears has started to fall.

He looked over to see that Michael was about to fall asleep. He wrapped his arms even tighter around the boy. He stared at the boy, wondering how such a beautiful and kind creature was mistreated and thrown around like an unwanted rag doll.

"It's gonna be my mission to make you happy Michael, even if I have to die for you." Luke whispered.

"I promise that you're gonna be happy again one day, I fucking promise."

--------------

A/N: 692 words fuck yeah.

Im deeply sorry if this is depressing af.