chapter 2

~sams POV~

racing down the corridor in the bunker, Sams heart juddered with fear. that look of pure dread in cas' eyes...oh god.

how could I not have noticed? what has dean done...oh no please no, no!

sam walked into the library of the bunker to see castiel slumped over deans seemingly lifeless body.
deans face was slack jawed and his limbs were limp.

'cas? cas what's wrong with him? dean?! is he...is he even alive?'
'he is alive sam, but I don't know what is wrong with him.'
'what do you mean you don't know?'
'I heard him...I heard his soul scream louder than I have ever heard it before. and when I got here...he was catatonic. he will not wake sam...something has trapped him in his sleep.'
'so you're telling me deans in a fucking coma? cas why won't he wake up? try, cas, please!'
'Sam! I have tried. I have tried everything I could within the short time I have been sat here in front of him. I don't know what's wrong.'
'oh my god. we need to take him to a hospital...'
'Sam, this is not a normal illness...this is something supernatural. only we can fix this...hospitals will do nothing.'
'cas. he might die. we have to take him to a hospital...I'm calling Charlie. you see if anyone on Angel radio can help.'
'Sam, you must understand, I am not in good stead with my brothers and sisters. they will not help...the only Angel who might help is Gabriel, and he may not even be alive.'
'please cas. please, you have to try and contact him...for dean, please.'

sam looked pleadingly at cas, and he swore he could have seen a flicker of emotion in the Angels eyes.

'of course sam. I shall always try my best for dean and yourself.'
'thanks cas. thankyou.'

sam retreated from the room to call Charlie, and left cas hovering above deans slumped figure.

~Charlie's POV~

who the fuck is ringing me now. cockblocking me. well, not really cockblocking. vaginablocking?
why is sam calling me?
oh god not again.

'Sam? what have you and princess done this time?'
'Charlie, it's dean.'

oh no. oh no, no, no.

'Sam? what's wrong with dean?'
'Charlie he won't wake up! he fell asleep and now me and cas, we don't know what to do...he won't wake up Charlie! cas says its supernatural, he says deans trapped in his mind...but Charlie he's been so depressed lately...'
'why in gods name didn't you call me sooner if dean was depressed? oh fuck...listen, I'm coming to the bunker. send cas to pick me up. it'll be quicker.'
'thanks Charlie. I'll send cas now.'
'see you soon sam.'

turning off the phone, Charlie's face set in a grim line. she ushered her female companion from her flat, and rushed around grabbing what little things she may need.

oh dean. I am so, so sorry I wasn't there for you.

wiping a tear from her eye, she turned around upon hearing the flapping of wings.

'cas...'
'Charlie. we must hurry...I cannot waste time should dean need me.'
'okay cas...I'm so sorry.'
'why are you sorry Charlie? dean is not in trouble because of you.'
'no, cas, I'm sorry that deans sick. I mean...'
'I appreciate that Charlie, but what do you mean?'
'well, it's kinda obvious...I mean, you'd do anything for dean...I know you love him.'
'of course I love dean.'
'I know. I know...but I don't mean brotherly love cas...'
'neither do I. we must go.'

Charlie gaped in shock for about half a second before castiel grabbed her arm and zapped them away, back to the bunker.

back to dean.

~cas' POV~

why can't I help him? why doesn't he let me give him the love he deserves?
Charlie understands. sam...sam might.
but dean? dean is completely in denial. he forgets that I can actually sense his emotions. he doesn't know that I know...

'cas? we've got the stuff ready.'
'okay sam. get Charlie, we need to work fast. if this is what I think it is, then the longer dean is asleep...the harder it will be to find him.'
'okay cas, are you sure this is it though? if this is the work of the god of hopes and dreams, then he could probably kill us with his little finger, and then we won't be able to help dean!'
'Sam, I am absolutely positive about this. I would not risk losing dean if I was not completely sure. we must hurry.'
'okay cas. I'll go tell Charlie.'
'thank you sam.'

~deans POV~

'I hate you dean Winchester. you deserve to burn in hell.'
'no! no! NO!'

dean tried to escape the Devils trap, and escape the accusing glares around him.

dad.
mom.
ash.
Ellen.
jo.
Bobby.
Kevin.
cas.
sam.

they all looked at him with pure hatred. he glanced sideways and saw his reflection in a mirror. he saw the wounds on his face, the wrinkles, the blood. he saw the black abyss where his green eyes once were.

'demon. Demon. DEMON!'
'NO!'
'YOU KILLED US ALL DEAN WINCHESTER! YOU KILLED EVERY LAST ONE OF US!'

~sam, cas, Charlie POV~

the two humans and one Angel sat around the ritual table, hands linked and eyes centred on the fire in the middle of the table.
the Angel chanted an old enochian ritual and his eyes gleamed brightly as the fire shot upwards and burned a bright green colour.

'Sam, Charlie...this is it. we must drink.'
'okay cas. Charlie, you don't have to do this.'
'I want to. dean saved me once, now it's time to return the favour.'

on those last words, the three drank a black liquid from different cups, and closed their eyes as the Angel chanted the last verse of the ritual.

silence fell over the room, as the three succumbed to a deep slumber. in each of their laps was a hex bag, consisting of hair from each of them, and from dean.
they couldn't risk losing each other in deans head on the search for him.

dean lay on his bed, arms folded above his chest and his own hex bag tucked neatly into his hands.