Safe at last?

That's Colin on the right obviously. :)

I"m changing the story name to 

"To Die For"

it's creepier I think :)

_________________________________

Nora settled onto the couch, tired of pacing. Jenny should be here any second and maybe they would get this sorted out finally. She twisted a lock of hair around one of her fingers, habit she had done since childhood when she was nervous.

A knock on the door made her jump in fear but then she heard Jenny shouting to open up. She smiled weakly as she opened the door and moved out of the way as Jenny rushed in.

"What the hell is going on?" Jenny grabbed Nora's hand and pulled her back onto the couch, "tell me right now!" Her eyes were wide with worry and from the baggy green sweater that was probably her boyfriends and a black and gray pencil skirt and ugg boots she was wearing it looked like she'd grabbed whatever was lying on the ground and threw it on.

"I'm being stalked. He ran into me at the swamp, then I saw him on my way home and he followed me to my house and I didn't realize I was dancing with him at the club until I turned around and that's why I fainted and when I got home last night my window was open and someone had made my bed and you know I never do," Nora gasped in a deep breath and continued on her rant, "so I hammered all the windows shut and this morning there was that bunch of flowers and a card... you can read it and he says he wants me forever."

Jenny's face mirrored her own, "Oh my god... Let me read it real quickly then we will figure out what to do."  She ran over to the table where the card was and picked it up and scanned it quickly. Jenny gasped and dropped it and backed away like it was on fire.

"We are going to the police station NOW." She ordered and Nora nodded mutely, what else was there to do, it's not like Nora could fix it on her own.

They gathered up the roses and card and walked out to Jenny's car. Just as Nora was sliding into the car she saw someone step into the shadows of her neighbor's house and she shook her head and muttered, "Soon you'll be in jail asshole."

When they arrived at the police station Nora actually felt her spirit's lifting, this nightmare was going to be over soon and she could get on with her life.  They walked quickly up the stone flight of stairs and pushed open the door and walked inside.

The police station was abuzz with officers answering phones and talking to suspects or reading files, Nora sniffed and wrinkled her nose, it smelled faintly of vomit and coffee, not a horrible smell but not anything to be desired.

A women sitting at the front desk smiled up at them and Jenny dragged Nora over to stand in front of her.

"My friend would like to report a stalker." Jenny stated firmly, obviously knowing that Nora might chicken out if left to do it on her own. Nora flushed and pushed her hair off of her face.

The lady frowned and said, "My name is officer Lindy, let me call a detective for you, he can answer your questions." She pushed a few buttons on her black phone and spoke softly into it for a few seconds.

She smiled briefly up at them and informed them, "Detective O’Brian will be here momentarily, please have a seat while you wait." She pointed at the well-worn gray chairs behind them and then went back to whatever she'd been doing before.

Nora thanked her and they sat carefully on the seats, trying not to think of who might have sat on them previously. Jenny patted her arm reassuringly and Nora smiled gratefully at her best friend.