You know you love me

Storms POV

I sigh.

I already know that if I don't eat this willingly then Michael will probably force feed it to me. Luckily for me, as far as I can make out at least, he only knows about me not eating last night. I can either push this away and risk Michael shoving it down my throat and killing me or I can eat it now and get rid of it as soon as I am free to go. Michael probably wouldn't suspect a thing but the others might, so what am I meant to do?

I look up at the boys; Calum and Luke are looking basically anywhere but at me, whereas Ashton is watching to see what I decide to do.

Maybe you should let them shove it down your throat. At least you would provide them with some entertainment as you choke. They don't care about what happens to you, they would probably laugh if you choked.

I whimper slightly under my breath as I try to ignore the thought and take a deep breath. When I nod softly, Michael gets a hopeful look on his face. I pick up the toast hesitantly, taking as small a bite as possible – barely a nibble – on the corner. Michael nods encouragingly at me to continue and I can see that he has his fingers crossed beneath his excessively long sleeves.

The boys start up quiet conversation around me as I take a few more minuscule bites, however, I can tell that at leas one of them is keeping an eye on me at any time. Ashton gets up after a minute or two, catching the boys attention as he crosses the room and starts to do something in the kitchen. When he returns to the table, he drops a plate with a single piece of toast onto the table in front of himself.

"Now you don't have to feel awkward about being the only one eating," He smiles and sends me a wink while taking a bite out of the food which makes me smile in response. I didn't think anyone would notice but apparently, Ashton is a lot more perceptive than he makes himself appear.

The others shrug it off and continue talking while we eat. By the time I have finished around half of my one piece of toast, I am feeling full and I don't really want to push it. I know Michael wouldn't let me get away with leaving this much so I have to look for an easier target. I make eye contact with Calum but he is quick to divert his attention as if he knows what I am trying to do. I huff and move my gaze to Luke, who tries valiantly to keep his attention centred on Calum but shifts nervously when he feels my gaze on him. Calum subtly shakes his head at Luke to tell him not to turn so I huff again and narrow my eyes at Calum for ruining that course of action as I am sure it would have worked. So, I can't target Calum or Luke and this only leaves me with one option. Ashton isn't paying much attention to us as he plays a game on his phone while leaning back in his chair, but he quickly looks up when I turn my attention to him.

He raises an eyebrow at me in question, asking me what I am hoping to achieve without vocalising the request, before I look down at my plate then back to him with a hopeful look to top off the act. He shifts his gaze down to the plate, then to Michael who is in the middle of recounting a story but nobody is paying much attention to, before returning his gaze to me. He then taps the side of his phone subtly, well aware that I have my phone in my pocket most of the time.

DrummerBoy: Can't you eat a little more? You're lucky Michael hasn't noticed that you've stopped eating it.

Instead of answering verbally, I go along with it and text him back.

Storm(ster): I already feel sick, Ashy. Anyway, Michael is too busy with his story-telling to realise that nobody is even listening. What makes you think that he would notice me right now?

DrummerBoy: He will kill me if I let you get away with leaving it. But true. He really is a little non-observant, huh?

Storm(ster): Please, Ash. You know you love me and would let me get away with anything.

I shoot Ashton another hopeful look, even throwing in a bit of the "puppy eyes" act when he actually meets my gaze. He gives a defeated sigh before nodding. I smile triumphantly and go to nudge my plate away, having already drunk my drink while I was texting Ashton, when I feel my phone go off once again. I pull it out to check it.

DrummerBoy: Fine BUT I am still keeping an eye on your meals. I may not be your brother but I know something is going on, even if they haven't figured it out yet, and I still worry about you nonetheless

I roll my eyes at him as I get up, putting my leftovers in the bin and my plate in the sink to be washed. My movement catches the attention of the other three boys who watch me return to the table and drop back down into my seat once that is done. I stare out both Calum and Luke with a smirk on my face before looking round to the doorway when I hear the front door open and the movement as Mum and Dad bustle into the house.

Michael shakes his head at me before getting up to greet our parents, asking them how their night went before asking them something that puts me slightly on edge. "Can I speak to you for a second?" He looks round at us before directing them into the living room when they nod.

I gulp nervously but turn back to the guys nonetheless. Calum turns to Ashton and shakes his head at him; Ashton just shrugs in response to him and smiles at me before returning his attention to his phone. I sigh, getting up and walking out of the kitchen.

I head upstairs and shut the door once I enter my room, hitting play on my music so that it isn't so quiet in here. All Time Low starts playing as I lay back on my bed going over the events of the morning. My life really is a mess if I can't even go one day without something happening, but at least I got away with it again because some people just cannot resist and give in to my wishes. I hear a knock on the door around twenty minutes later. I don't answer verbally but turn the music down a little which the take as me inviting them in – I guess it is in a way. The four boys step through the door, Michael immediately coming over and lying next to me while the other three spread themselves around the room in any available, comfortable space.

"Storm, you remember how I said that Ash and Lukey were only staying last night?" He asks quietly.

"Well, that is what you said yesterday. Why?" I inquire, not taking my eyes off of the cracked paint on my ceiling.

"Well, we were talking earlier and.. well, what would you think if all of us stay here?" He asks hesitantly. I snap my gaze to him as soon as the words leave his mouth.

"What do you mean all of you stay here?" I ask, slightly dreading the answer I am about to receive.

"Well, instead of just Calum sticking around, it would be all of it," Luke says, not meeting my gaze when it moves to him as he starts speaking.

If all of them stay here, my chances of being caught by one of them are through the room. I mean, I couldn't even go one day without something happening and I know Michael won't leave me alone about that anytime soon. But with three other people helping him – you have got to be kidding me.

"Great," I mumble sarcastically.

"That's what I thought – come on, boys. Who's up for a game?" Michael replies as he gets up and leaves, Calum and Luke following him not far behind.

"I'm sorry, Storm. He just wants to protect you, like all big brothers do." Ashton says with a sad smile before he slowly follows behind the others, shutting the door once he is out of the room.

"How can you protect someone from themselves?" I murmur sadly after a few seconds.

How was I meant to know that Ashton was leaning on the other side of the door, listening to every word?