Treize

Dedicated to trina1010 because she's been voting and supporting every single step of the way! xx

Also, 600 reads!? THANK YOU! Help me reach a higher goal and your votes mean a lot. Thank you guys so much ! <3

Hahah okay continue on chapter thirteen!

*unedited

Thirteen

A r d e n K e l l y :

Ting ting.

I stared at the ceiling of my temporary room as my phone rang on the bedside table, pulling me out of my depressed thoughts and ridiculous fantasies.

I unlocked the screen with a swipe of the notification and it instantly opened to Messages.

Amandayyy:
Hey Arden.

I rose a brow at the text. Hey? When was the last time we contacted each other?

Ardental:
Hey...? Amanda, haven't heard from u in a long time...

Amandayyy:
Can't rly blame me can u?

Ardental:
I get it. Sorry :/

Amandayyy:
My sister mentioned u.

Ardental:
Oh?

Amandayyy:
Yeah.

Ardental:
Okay...

I had no words to say. Even if I did maybe I had too much to say. Amanda is, well was my best friend?

High school and graduation ended, I guess we were only close because we saw each other every week. After graduation we tried contacting each other but it was different. It felt different.

We managed to hang a couple of times but after the- err, break-up with Logan- I never tried to gain contact with her because I knew our friendship was somehow insincere. It was a weird friendship what Amanda and I had. It especially gets weirder when she just texts me out of the blue.

I stare at the glowing screen of my phone, she hasn't replied in seven minutes so I'm guessing that she didn't bother texting me again. It didn't matter but though the ignorance kind of hurt, I feel bad because I realize now that's how I've been treating her the past couple of weeks.

I sigh to myself and thought about how differently it would've played out if I just acted more maturely on the break-up situation. I didn't get a chance to sulk about my actions when my phone started to ring Boys like Girls.

I lifted my hand and saw the screen phone flashed an icon picture of Amanda. My phone buzzed again in my hand and I debate whether I should answer it or not. Part of me is scared to face my forgotten friend but another part of me wants to have her over and talk about anything and everything that has happened this summer.

I finally answered and pressed my phone to my ear.

"Arden" Amanda breathes as if she didnt't believe that I just answered the call.