Cinq

(By far the longest chapter I've ever written! Hope you like it! ;) p.s don't mind the typos bcs I write chapters on my phone usually. enjoy reading the new chapter!

*

F i v e

"You make me nostalgic for a love that hasn't even happened yet"-anonymous

A r d e n K e l l y ;
*

"Edith, are they your parents?" I picked up the picture from inside the box and handed it to her.

"Huh..." she breathed as she took the picture from my hand and studied it with furrowed eyebrows.

I started to take out some of the letters that were half-written and stacked them in order.

"Are they?" I asked softly once I tied the folded papers with a twine to hold them in place.

Edith's focused face slowly turns into a smile and and she stares at the picture in awe.

"No, they aren't" she finally said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Edith. I got your hopes up..." I said, biting my lips.

"No, that's okay, they're not my parents but I think they're tourists. And the words he wrote... it's beautiful." she smiled, looking at the back of the picture as she brushed her hair back.

I stared at Edith for awhile, she's looking at the picture with a glowing smile on her face, it makes me wonder if she has a husband or a boyfriend to compliment about her smile everyday.

I wonder...

"Edith, do you have someone special?" I asked, putting my chin in my palm as I smiled at her.

"What?" She gave me a nervous laugh. "That's a ridiculous question to ask, where is this coming from?" She waved her hand to dismiss the topic, but I wouldn't let her.

"I'm serious, what is a thirty-two year old beautiful French lady living here above a pawn shop with her niece? Shouldn't she be wrapped around someone's arms and smile whenever she looks at him?" I asked.

"I'm thirty one!" She reiterated and I rolled my eyes.

"Edith, you said that you started working here since you were twenty one. I think you've been in the shop for too long" I clapped my hands once and jumped off the couch before standing in front of Edith.

"And?" She shakes her head, looking up at me.

"C'mon, we're gonna be tourists for a day, grab your coat and scarf, were going to find you a date" I smiled widely and her brows shot up.

"I think you're being too rash about my little situation, I'm happy where I am!" She says, but by the way her fingers were fidgeting and how she bites her lips at the idea, I'm starting to think other wise.

"Come Edith!" I pulled her hand and hoisted her up.

Which was kinda hard since she is taller than me and that actually resulted to me falling on my butt when she sprung up from her sitting position.

"To your chambers!" I said on the floor, my hair in my face.

"Alright" she laughed and pulled me to my feet.

"Thanks" I smiled sheepishly. "Now let's see how good you look in red" I smirked and she rolled her eyes.

*

After ten minutes, I told Edith to put on some makeup to match the outfit I picked out from her closet, which was surprisingly big and has a dozen collection of shoes and bags.