Chapter 19

I know it's been a while, but I'm gonna update just because it's my birthday. I'm gonna drop a few bombs in the next chapters then this book will be coming to an end.

LYRIC * a month later

I was finalizing everything for our trip to California next month. Everything was paid for and ready to go. Me,Khari,Taylor,Joshua,and Dontell would all be staying at a beach resort, and I was beyond excited to leave.

Closing the laptop, I rose up and went into the kitchen, snacking on a few grapes. Khari was at work for another 4 hours, and I missed him even though we were around eachother every chance we got. After he told me that he loved me, things had been smooth sailing with us, and I smiled to myself at how happy I was in my life at this point.

Now that I was no longer working, I had a lot of time to myself, but I wasn't complaining. After eating more random things that I found, I began walking back into my room, deciding on taking a nap. Before I could lay down, the doorbell rung a few times then stopped.

Confused, I went to answer it even though I wasn't expecting anybody. Leaning in and peering through the little hole, my eyes scanned around, but I didn't see anybody. I shrugged my shoulders and turned back around. Not too far from reaching my bedroom, it began ringing again, frantically before suddenly stopping.

My heart skipped a few beats as an emotion of fear passed through me. I cautiously tiptoed towards the door again, looking through the peephole, but still seeing nothing. I opened the door and looked out, but as suspected nobody was there. I shook everything off and locked back the door, assuring myself that it was probably a group of kids playing.

Tossing and turning in bed, I still couldn't bring myself to fall asleep. I was still kind of scared about what had happened earlier. I picked up my phone and looked at it and sighed. It was only 7:32pm. Another 2 hours until Khari got off work. Giving up, I got up and went to take a shower.

Lathering my hair in conditioner, I massaged my scalp with the coconut scented hair product. Humming to myself, I let it sit for a few moments while washing the rest of my body off. I stopped humming after I heard a door creak probably coming from my bedroom. the bathroom door was open, so I listened intently, trying to make sure I wasn't just tripping.

I stood still, holding in my breathe. I heard a walking sound. I quietly grabbed my razor from the basket attached to the shower head and faced the shower curtains. Whoever was in here, their footsteps were getting more audible.

Seeing a shadow, I jumped when the person pulled back the curtains, relieved to find that it was just Khari.

I dropped the razor and put my hands up to my chest, inhaling all the air I could. "Oh my god... You scared me... Don't do that again."

Khari eyed me up and down, curiousity written all over his face. "Wassup witchu?"

I shook my head nothing, barely washing the rest of the conditioner out my head before grabbing my towel and wrapping it around my body.

Khari followed closely behind me, into my bedroom.

I sat on the bed, still half frightened. "How'd you get inside?"

He shrugged and laid back on the bed with one hand behind his head and the other one inside his sweats, "You left the door unlocked for me."

"Oh.." I thought I had locked it. Maybe I had just forgotten.

He rose up suddenly and pulled my arm so that I could face him. "You good?"

"Yeah. You just scared me." I stood up and leaned into his chest.

He looked at me a moment before planting a kiss on my forehead.

"You looked good with all that soap runnin down yo body too." He mumbled.

I playfully hit him in his chest and walked away followed by him laughing. "You play too much." We still hadn't took that next step of having sex. At first, it crossed our minds a lot, but we weren't rushing anything and felt that when the time was right it would just happen.

I went and got another towel, wrapping it around my head to dry my hair ,and changed into some black sweatpants and a sports bra.

Khari was halfway asleep on the bed in the same position as before. I shook my head wondering why boys do that. I laid on top of his body, kissing his face. " I missed you all day."

He peeked one of his eyes open and grinned at me, "I missed you too."

We layed in that position for a while, until I heard him begin to snore. I got up and went into the kitchen to make us something to eat.

-----------------------------------

Hope y'all liked this chapter.