Chapter 9

Just had to update. Lets get this show on the road, if you know what I mean 😏

LYRIC

After explaining to Taylor what all happened, she went to get some things from my house and she carried Josh with her just in case. They said that there was no sign of Callie there, but my mind was made up. I spent the next few days at Khari's house, looking for a new apartment and getting a restraining order on Callie not to mention press charges.

He made sure I was okay and I loved being around him. His whole demeanor and personality made me feel so secure and like I could trust him without even forcing it. He had a tough exterior but I knew that he had good intentions. I felt myself falling for him, slowly but surely and I hated it, but you don't have control over things like that. It was just something about him.

I finished up my last assignment on my laptop and closed it, rubbing my eyes. I switched to online classes for a little bit until things calmed down. I didn't feel safe going to school knowing that Callie knew where I was.

I heard the door rattling meaning that somebody was trying to come inside, probably Khari getting off of work.

"Wassup?" I stood up and he wrapped his arm around my neck, kissing the side of my face. "You good?"

"Yea" I giggled and hugged him back. He always kissed me on my face, but never on my lips. We never went there with eachother, but sometimes I found myself hoping that he did. I wanted him to make the first move. Just to make sure I wasn't the only one feeling the way that I did. But I didn't want to move too fast. As of now, we were just really good friends.

"You hungry?" He asked me this every second of the day. Or if I was sure I was ok. It was all so cute.

I gave him the duh look and he shook his head,"Don't even know why I asked."

He went into the refrigerator, looked in, and shut it. "Damn, remind me to go to tha grocery store."

"I can do it tomorrow, I'm off."

"Preciate dat den. Wachu want to eat babygirl?" He leaned on the kitchen counter.

"Chic fil a?"

"Coo wit me," He said, stretching and yawning. I slipped on some sandals and we went out the door.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Lemme get a uhhhhh.... A number 8, crispy." He leaned over and spoke into the intercom.

"Would that be all sir?" The young lady asked.

"Wachu want?" He turned to the side, facing me.

"A number 2."

"Say nomoe... Aye lemme get a number 2 wit dat."

"Damn, I forgot my wallet." I rummaged through my purse, cursing to myself.

He looked over at me," It's all good baby."

"Thanks."

He began to lean back out the window, "Yea , take off that number 2."

"Oh my god, you get on my nerves." I playfully hit his arm.

Chuckling, he told the lady to keep it on there and proceeded to move forward after getting the total.

He passed the worker the money and grabbed the bag handing it over to me, "Told you bout dat shit." He mumbled.

"About what?" I peeked inside, grabbing a fry and putting it in my mouth.