Chapter 11

Santana is in MM

A few things are about to unfold, important information so pay attention. And don't forget to comment your thoughts, I love reading them.

This chapter is only in Khari's POV

-------------------------------------

KHARI

"So you ain't talk to him today?"

"Nah. Why? Somethin happened?" Dontell asked.

"Lemme make sure and Imma hit you back up." I spoke back into the phone, pulling up to the spot, parking on the side of the road.

"Aight."

I hung up the phone and grabbed my strap from the glove department, tucking it in my waist band. I thought I was done with this lifestyle, but niggas don't like to see you trying to do better for yourself. They wanna bring you down with them. I knew some shit like this would happen sooner or later, but I was always on go.

I walked up to the door, knocking on it a few times before somebody peeked their head out. A dark skinned, fat man with a bald head opened the door, "Oh shit, K? When you get out?"

"A couple months ago nigga, how ya been?" We dapped each other up.

"Same shit you know how it is. Don't tell me you comin back."

"Hell naw. But aye you seen Joshua? Matta fact, wea Santana at?"

I looked at him straight in his eyes and heard his voice change a bit.

"Umm, nah. I ain't seen Joshua in years bruh."

I chuckled a bit, "You ain't lying to me is ya Dank?"

"Nah man."

I stood back and watched him closely. At this point, I was in full game mode. I didn't know if people loved to bring out this side of me, or they honestly had forgotten who they were fuckin wit.

I had hoped to be done with all of this shit. I wasn't the same young boy running the drug game anymore with the help of my bestfriend, cousin, and uncle. I was done with the killing,robbing,and fast life. I was done being the nigga who didn't care about anything, ANYTHING,except for the money.

"... I said wea Santana?"

"Oh, he in the back.." He slid his hand over his bald head.

I headed towards the back, passing rooms full of naked girls counting money, and bagging coke and weed, and niggas shooting dice and smoking weed.

Once I got to the basement, I saw both of the niggas I was looking for.

"Neph, long time no see." He took a puff from his Cuban cigar, leaned back on his leather chair.

I glanced over at Joshua with his head in his hands on the leather couch.He always acted like a pussy when it came down to his father.

"Yea." I sat a few seats next to Josh, in front of Santana.

"What brings you here?" He started smiling like he was amused at something.

I turned to my cousin, "You couldn't let a nigga know this where you was all day?"

Josh looked up to answer, but his father answered for him.

"I told him to turn his phone off."

I shook my head. "Man what this shit all about?"

"I know you've been getting my calls."

He was right. A number had been calling me about three times a week for the past 2 weeks, but I didn't answer even though I suspected it was him.

"So you kidnapped yo own son to get me to come down here?"

He shook his head. "To get all of you to come down here."

Just then, Dontell came jogging down the steps, looking as confused as the rest of us.

"Fuck is this?" He sat down next to us.

Santana cleared his throat. "Boys, I miss us doing business together. Don't you?"

I threw my head back and ran my hand down my face. "You for real right now?  I just got outta fuckin jail for doing the same shit."

"Don't act like you didn't know what you were getting yoself into. Besides, we made a lot of money as a team."

"I took the fall. For the three of us. When the Feds kicked down our spot, I told Joshua and Dontell to go while I tried to flush the rest of the drugs. I got time from the lil bit I had forgot under the couch and still kept my mouth shut.. What if some shit like that happen again? I'm lookin at 25.. Now that you ain't gettin money to come in how you want, we 'pose to just jump back on board? You trippin Unc."

"I gotta music career and shit now Santana. Joshua and Khari opened up they businesses and shit. It's too much of a risk."

Joshua nodded his head in agreement," Pops, they right."

"Yall just some ungrateful motherfuckas. Khari yo ass the one that came to me askin to get put on after my brother got locked up. You wanted to be just like your father remember? But you was better. And you got even more potential."

Santana and my dad ran everything illegal before he got locked up. But your choices always had consequences and he would never be free again. We, thought that he would get out, but they gave him life with no parole or bond. A few months after that, my mom died and I had no choice but to get it how I could. I had to take my dad's place.

We stayed quiet, all of us reminiscing on the way things used to be. Everything that we had been through.

He started speaking again,"You know how many risks I took for yall? If it wasn't for me, yall wouldn't have none of that shit."

I got up, tired of hearing this bullshit. I wasn't going back to that lifestyle and I damn sure wasn't about to end up like my father... Or put Lyric in this type of situation.

Besides, I didn't need the money because I had more than enough put away from last time not to mention everything that the shoe stores were bringing in.

"You ain't shit without me, I brung in all the work, I made you all that money, and I kept this shit held down." I turned to them," Yall can do what the fuck you want, but I ain't with it." I left out.

Man if it ain't one thing, it's another.

-----------------------------------

If yall are confused on anything or need any clarification just ask