Chapter 8

LYRIC

"You need to leave." I threw my clutch on the bed and sat on the end, sliding my heels off of my feet.

"Why you gotta be like that?" He bent down trying to kiss on me and I put my hand up to block the gesture.

"You're acting like you've lost your fucking mind. What is wrong with you?" I put my fingers on my temples and began rubbing them.

Ever since we left, my phone had been blowing up nonstop from Taylor and Joshua. I guess they were trying to see if I was ok, but I wasn't in the mood to talk. I would talk to them later.

He walked out of the room, laughing to himself. What the hell? I jumped up and locked my bedroom door. Taking a quick shower, I threw on a t shirt and some boy basketball shorts. I didn't have the energy to deal with this bullshit tonight, my body was sore and I was tired. Whatever Callie decided to do was his choice, but I didn't want to be around him right now. If this was how he acted while drunk, I wanted no part of it. I crawled into bed, drifting to sleep.

BOOM BOOM BOOM!

I blinked my eyes a few times, raising up.

"Open the damn door Lyric!"

I slid the covers off, confused as hell. I looked at the time, 3:05am.

Tiptoeing towards my bedroom door as the loud knocks continued, I hesitantly unlocked it. I swung it open,"What do you want?"

"Forgive me baby,"

"Callie you need some rest. Go to sleep and we'll talk about this in the morning because you really tripping."

"Ain't shit wrong with me though, I'm good" he started back smiling.

I looked at him with squinted eyes. This shit was too weird.

I pushed past him and walked down the hallway, cutting off all the lights and making sure the front door was locked.

There were a few pillows on the floor of my living room and I picked them up and put them back on the couch, straightening them back up.

Leaning back up, something caught my eye on the table. There was a small clear bag ripped open and a white powder substance right next to it.

I furrowed my eyebrows, inspecting it. I know this shit ain't what I think it is.

"Callie!"

"Huh?" He walked in.

"What the fuck is this?"

He waved me off, "that ain't nothin man."

"Are you serious???"

He still stood there with a blank expression on his face.

"You got this shit in my house! You doin crack now!? Get the hell out or I'm calling the police. I'm so done with this."

"Stop overreacting, you not calling nobody," he stepped towards me.

I pushed passed him, going to get my phone, and was yanked back by his strong hold.

"Let go of me!" I shoved him in his chest, and he pushed me to the wall.

I slid down onto the ground feeling a pain shoot through my back.

Trying to get up, he wrapped his arm around my neck , choking me.

I tried to suck in all the air I could, trying my best to pry his hands from around me. I started getting dizzy and kicked him right between his legs with my foot.

"Agh!" He let go and backed up, doubling over in pain.

I ran as fast as I could in the kitchen, looking for anything that I could use. My hands grabbed onto a knife. I turned around, looking ahead of me nervously.

"Baby I ain't mean to hurt you, you just be talking crazy sometimes." He leaned against the opening holding his hand out for me to take it.

I shook my head from side to side, feeling the hot tears slide down my face. I pointed the knife towards him, " Do not come near me."

"We supposed to love eachother, forever right?" He inched closer to me. 

"Fuck you."

He slapped me across the face and I doubled over, dropping the knife. The burning sensation brought back flashbacks of the day I left my moms house. I held onto my face, sobbing.

"See what you making me do? Stop sayin shit like that." He gritted his teeth and a frown formed on his face.

"You said you was done hurting me. I gave you every single part of me! I gave you everything I had. I was there through whatever.." By now, I couldn't stop crying.

All of the emotions I had built up inside of me hit me all at once. I had reached my breaking point. I felt so empty, like he had taken everything away from me. That's the effect of loving somebody so much more than yourself.

"Come on, get up. I'm sorry baby I didn't mean to."

He tried to touch me and I moved away. I tasted blood on my lip and my hands began to touch all over my face, feeling scratches too.

"Imma go get some shit to clean you up iight?"

He rose up and walked to the bathroom.

I waited until the footsteps got faint. I scrambled up from the floor, grabbing my keys from the table and ran out , leaving the door wide open.

I struggled to put the keys in the ignition, praying that he wouldn't notice that I was gone before I had a chance to leave. As soon as I saw a shadow running towards my car, it started up and I pulled off as fast as I could.

KHARI

BOOM BOOM BOOM!

I jumped up from my sleep and looked around my room.

BOOM BOOM BOOM!

I rose up cautiously, grabbing my gun from my closest and walked slowly towards my front door.

I stood back, unlocking the door and pointed the gun in front of me.

"Lyric?"

She jumped back when she seen the gun and I lowered it.

Her eyes were full of fear, her face was covered with bruises and cuts, and I looked down and she had nothing on her feet.

I reached out to grab her face, studying it and she flinched. She had to be shooken up as hell.

"I- I'm sorry. I know it's late. I would've called but I don't have my phone with me. I tried to go by Taylor's but they weren't there and I just had to get out of there and I'm so scared and I don't know what to do," she babbled on with her eyes still on the gun.

I looked down at it too and sat it on the table. "My bad. It's aight you can come in."

She still stayed at the door playing with her fingers. "No. No It's ok. I'll just go to a hotel or something."

"You ain't goin to no hotel, I ain't gon hurt you baby girl. What happened?"

She looked down, playing with her fingers. "I'm so tired of feeling like I have nobody." Her voice broke and I engulfed her into my arms. She began to sob into my chest.