Chapter 16

KHARI

I got out of the car and walked up to Lyric's door ringing the doorbell. Tonight I was taking her to this fancy restaurant just because I felt like making her feel special. I wasn't the type of nigga always on some lovey dovey type shit,but I felt as if Lyric deserved it. Plus, she was always working so hard and making sure she was making it in life. She needed to relax some and let a nigga take care of her.

When she finally answered the door, I had no words. She wore a black bodycon strapless dress that stopped a little above her knees, but it showed every curve she had. Her hair was flat ironed straight and stopped not too far from her butt. Damn, she looked like a whole nother person.

"You look good as hell.. Even though I peep you tryna match wit a nigga" If she was going anywhere else I would've sent her back inside to change, but I know she tried looked this way all for me.

"Thank you" she blushed and locked the door behind her.

I had on a black Gucci shirt, pants, and shoes. She eyed me over for a moment before proceeding to walk towards the car. After opening the door for her she got in and I did the same.

On our way there, I kept seeing her staring at me out of the corner of my eyes.

"You feelin my lifestyle huh?"

"Khari don't start." She waved me off.

"I ain't startin nothin, it's all good baby, I ain't goin nowhere I'm all yours."

I put my hand on her thigh, a little more higher up than usual and continued to drive. She looked at me and I glanced at her with a smug look on my face.

Once we were seated across from each other in the restaurant, the waiter came out and asked us what we wanted to drink and I ordered the most expensive bottle of champagne they had.

"Wow.. This is so nice babe" she spoke, looking around at the dimply lit place "looks expensive though."

"Don't worry bout all that, I got this." The white young looking server came back and filled our glasses, resting the bottle in the bucket of ice in the middle of the table.

"Would that be all for you gorgeous?" His corny ass asked Lyric.

"Oh, a glass of water, thank you."

"Anything else?" His eyes roamed to her chest and stayed there a little too long.

"How much times you gon ask her that shit?" I cut my eyes at him and leaned back in my seat.

His eyes got wide in fear and he backed away, "My apologies sir, the food will be right out and I will get on that glass of water." He turned around quickly and almost ran to the back.

Lyric had her hand over her mouth trying to hold in her laughter.

"Jealous much?" She questioned after gaining back her composure.

"Ion take disrespect lightly."

"Yes sir." She giggled

"Iight keep on, imma have you callin me something else."

She gasped and began giggling, " You don't care what you say huh?"

Our servers began placing down the plates of food and we dug right in.

I sipped more of my champagne and admired Lyric as she continued to eat. She was pure almost, and I began feeling like I wasn't the right person for her. The type of person I was, the things I've done, am capable of doing. It wasn't good. I would only cause toxin to invade her life. A good girl like her didn't belong with someone like me. Of course I tried to be good, do good, act good but that wasn't who I was designed to be. It wouldn't be long before some fucked up shit happened. I tried to stay away from her, get her to stay away from me, but we've already gotten too close to go back now.