Chapter 18 ― Break Out

***CHAPTER 19 WHEN EXAMS WILL BE OVER***

-------VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE ON MY MESSAGE BOARD! PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVEN'T YET------- it's long, but very important!

Hey hey! I really hope you enjoy this! Finally AJ gets to be the hero! Haha now, I know I'm going to get a lot of comments about how the TARDIS can't travel back to a place and time the Doctor has already made a impact on, but please bare with me! I just wanted to make the story work :(

My new pet rat, Hermione, says hello to you all! :D

________________________________

CHAPTER 18

BREAK OUT

It’s been two hours since we got caught. Sitting in a cell on the third lever, things seemed rather hopeless for us. I sat on the ground, my head against the bars, unable to block out the painful moans from the surrounding neighbors. The Doctor was standing, pasting around the cell like a tiger in a cage. He was going mad from entrapment and unable to do anything since the Youthilosians had stripped us of anything that could be useful – they patted us down and took away the Doctor’s sonic screwdriver, not knowing what it is.

“Ahhhh! I hate this!” the Doctor yelled, banging on the bars.

“Does that make you feel better? If not, please stop,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“How can you be so calm?” he asked.

“Because I’m with you and I know you can figure everything out,” I smiled.

This seemed to have bothered him and he turned his back to me to look through the bars for something of use. An idea seemed to have crossed his mind and he looked up to the ceiling. A smile curled up on the corner of his lips. I looked up to what was making his smile and I saw an air vent.

“You’re thinking of making us crawl through that?” I asked.

“You have a better idea?” he questioned.

“How come none of the other prisoners tried that, many have air vents over their cell,” I pointed out. “There must be a problem with that plan.”

“In every cell, there is only one prisoner. Alone, you can’t reach the vent, AJ. Of course, they didn’t think of that when then locked both us in here,” he explained. “Ok, come over here, I’ll lift you.”

I did as he said and he held one foot in his hands. I removed the vent to see the inside was rather narrow.

“Doctor, I’m not sure you’d fit in here... It’s seems rather tight even for me,” I said, looking down at him.

“Get in anyways, AJ,” he told me.

I did and I reached down my hands to help him, but he didn’t take my help.

“You’re right, I won’t fit, AJ. You’ll have to go alone.”

“What?!” I panicked.

“I need my sonic, it’s the only thing that’ll get me out of here. It’s probably in the Youthilosian leader’s office.”

“And if it’s not? And if I can’t find it? Doctor, I’m going to get lost in these vents without you,” I said, terrified that he would make me do this on my own.