9 - understanding

{Camila's POV}

"What do you mean I'm too late?" I air quoted her words.

"I mean, it's too late. I'm really tired, can we just put this off to the side right now?" Y/N rubbed at her eyes, signaling her lack of sleep. Respecting her wishes, I tucked her back into her bedsheets and climbed into a bed of my own after hearing her cute hushed "thank you."

My eyelids fluttered to the point where I fell asleep, my mind an endless train of thought. An endless train of thought that was only about Y/N.

~

I awoke to the sound of muffled chatter. Groggily, I sat up to look around for Y/N. Her sheets were draped across her bed and onto the floor. Maybe she's outside? Looking onto my suspicion, I drew closer to the door as the noise of the chatter grew louder with each step.

"She's not worth it Y/N/N."

"I know she cares..."

"You know I care. What makes you choose her over me in such a situation?!"

"She's made mistakes. Everyone makes them and I'm not choosing her over you, you dingus. I'm forgiving her."

The click of the door caused me to run into the bathroom next to me, almost forgetting that I was just eavesdropping. That was definitely Kendall. Couldn't have been anyone else. Quickly splashing water onto my face from the sink and dabbing a towel at my face, I opened the bathroom door to see an unhappy Y/N.

"You were eavesdropping weren't you?" Y/N nodded her head in disapproval, her arms crossed.

"Um...I was just wondering where you are." I raised my hands in defense.

"Nice try Cabello." Y/N shook off her defensive position and smiled me off, going back to whatever she was doing before she was talking to Kendall.

All I could do was appreciate her from behind, as I watched her twirl back onto the small couch that was settled in front of the tv. Looking over to me, she gently patted the space beside her. I plopped myself down beside her and changed into a criss cross apple sauce (am I the only one who says that, hoooonestly) position.

"How are you today?" Y/N asked, carefully munching on a granola bar. She leaned her bar in my face, but I graciously declined her offer.

"I'm ... I don't know." I replied, looking at the ceiling in an attempt to find my answer.

"And why is that?" Y/N questioned.

"I miss being able to touch you whenever I want. Now I'm just afraid I'm going to hurt you again. Or worse... I'd lose you." I winced at my words, letting my head hang back down in shame.

Only a few seconds later, and I felt Y/N's fingertips lifting my chin up to the point where our eyes met. Her eyes bore into mine. She took my hand into mine, caressing it with the pad of her thumb.

"I was silly for not understanding your position, Camila. I understand now. So don't be so harsh on yourself, okay? Let's actually take things at a nice pace. How does that sound?" Y/N gently squeezed my hand, offering me a light smile.

"It sounds fantasmical." I smiled back.

"Fantasmical?" Y/N giggle, opening her arms for a hug.

"Because you're my magical fantasy." I wrapped my arms around her torso, feeling her arms wrap around mine as well.

"That's so lame." Y/N laughed into our embrace.

A few moments passed by, and there was a short knock on the door that interrupted our hug. Y/N stood up from the couch, walked over to the door, and opened it just a crack.

"May I help you?" She politely asked.

There was only silence. Who is it? Suddenly, the door flung open to reveal a tall brown haired familiar Canadian guy.

"Mila!" He exclaimed, opening his arms as he walked over to me, brushing past Y/N without a word.

"Shawn...? What are you doing here?" I stood up, and reciprocated to his short hug.

"I came on board before we left from Ensenada. It's time for me to finally kick back, and hang out with my wonderful girlfriend." Shawn exaggerated, placing a devilish smirk before looking back at Y/N.

"Oh. Didn't see you there. I'm Shawn. Mendes. You know, the singer and Camila's-" He began, attempting to flaunt our fake relationship.

"Boyfriend? Yes, you clearly stated that not so long ago. Although I never even heard of you not so long ago. Do you rap or something? Or are you not creative enough to do th-" Y/N also began, her nerves were obviously being ticked off.

"Stop it, you two." I broke in, placing myself next to Y/N and wrapping an arm around her waist unconsciously.

Shawn widened his eyes, looking at my hand before nodding subtly to himself in realization.

"Ohh. Well I'm off to the breakfast buffet and... the pool." Shawn winked on his way out, rubbing his hands together.

He closed the door very quietly, leaving Y/N to myself.

"Netflix and chill?" Y/N smiled at me, finding her way over to the couch and opening the delivery menu.

"Disney marathon?" I chirped, bringing a blanket over to the couch before placing myself and Y/N under it.

"I'm down. Oo, they have pizza. Hawaiian?" Y/N began to dial on the room phone.

"Oh, I'm so down." I responded, nuzzling my head in the crook of her neck.

Y/N slung an arm around my shoulder, encasing me in her touch. I zoned out at the tv only to hear her speak to the phone with the voice of an angel. The movie played, but I could only pay attention to Y/N. The way her nose would crinkle when she laughed at some funny moment. There was a warm feeling in the bottom of my heart that I couldn't deny any longer.

I was indeed in love.

A/N:

Wowz, short chapter. I finally updated though ayyyy. Thank you guys for sticking with me through this rollercoaster, it means a lot to me.

Luv u bunches :^)