Chapter 1

Picture of Kate, the main character- played by Marie Avgeropoulos.

I'm sitting in my apartment wearing a croptop and some black skinny jeans, waiting for my bestfriend Lily to come pick me up for work. I work at a restaurant.

I'm a nineteen year old girl with a big apartment that my parents got me for my seventeenth birthday. I guess you can say that my parents are rich, especially since they are literally the richest people in London.

"Remind me again why we have to work when you can just ask your parents for the money" Lily said while we got into her car

"I am trying to prove to them that I can live without their support" i could feel Lily rolling her eyes at me.

"Kate come on... we both know that is unnecessary just stop with this nonsense" I gave her a look "I mean if you want to"

"Come on we're going to be late" i grabbed my stuff and hopped out of the car. Work wasn't far from home, it was about 2 minutes away

***

"I'll hand it to you kate, you aren't as stupid as i thought" Jake one of my friends was standing behind me while i was talking to a client.

"Oh shut up would you?" I turned around to face him, he is a tall blonde guy with emerald green eyes that turn bright blue when he laughs, we were friends since elementary school and have gone through a lot together.

"What are you doing tonight" he said which brought me back to reality.

"Oh...uh... i have a date" I could see that this confused him, ususally it would offend me but him and I both know that i never have dates."with netflix, chocolates and ice-cream" i reasured him

"I'm surprised you're in such good shape when you eat so much chocolates" i punched his shoulder playfully

"Why do you ask?"

"Well i was wondering if we could go to the bar to pick up some guys" I probably forgot to mention this but Jake is gay.

"YES!" I said a little bit too loud "pick me up at my apartment"

"What about your date?" He asked jokingly

"oh he can wait"

"But the guy at table 7 clearly can't" Lily interrupted our conversation and i had to get back to work

Walking to the guy at table 7 i couldn't help but think about what Lily said about me just asking for money from my parents instead of working for the money.

"Hello? Aaarrreee yyyooouuu wwwiiittthhh mmmmeeee?"the guy at table 7 interrupted my chain of thoughts "good to know you are in the world of reality again... please sit down, make yourself comfortable at my booth"

"Uhm... sorry I would love to but i can't" i said plastering my best fake smile on my face "but what can i get you sir?" This guy sitting infront of me was nothing but attractive, he wore a suit, he had a serious but also sexy look on his face. His piercing blue eyes and dark brown hair stood out the most and then there was his amazing jawline.

"Can i please have the salmon salad miss-?"

"Isles, Kate Isles" I said holding my hand out infront of me for him to shake

He took my hand and shook it lightly "Christopher Black, but actually i wasn't asking for your name, i was asking for the salmon salad and i was sarcastic when i offered you a seat"

I could feel my cheeks turn red "salmon salad coming right up"

---------------------------------------------------
A/N

Hi guys, i really hope you enjoy this book, i am new to wattpad so please let me know if i should change anything or if you have any suggestions.

Thanx
Zoe