This (true) love- part 2

'If you ever want something badly, let it go. If it comes back to you, then it's yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never yours to begin with' (Indecent Proposal -movie)

 How to describe all of the emotions that were screaming from everyone present in this place in New Orleans in Algiers.

Bonnie was happy for Elena that she decided to finally face all her demons and feelings, but at the same time a strange kind of sadness enveloped her. She looked at Damon, who was not reacting. 

Elijah felt that he was for some reason a vampire too many and let them deal with it all. But before he swished away he glanced at Elena just one more time his heart tearing up in small pieces. Having seen her again, all that she had once before brought up in him came flushing like a storm into him. And he thought he had put the Petrovas behind him he was gravely mistaken. Her kissed had just confirmed  that his heart only beat vivaciously when those lips touched him. And he had to let her go.

"Can we go?"- Damon now said- "we found Elena- have you forgotten that we still have heretic lunatics with a deadline hanging over Stefan and Lily??!!"

It was obvious that the kissing stuff and now Elena breaking her compulsion was to be swept under the virtual carpet. All four of them acted as if nothing major happened. It was strangely awkward. 

Caroline now asked what deadline was hanging over Stefan's and Lily's head. Bonnie then explained about a compass device the heretic witches were after and that there was a coffin with Damon's grandfather that needed to be open, so they all agreed that that was priority and they soon were on their way back to MF.

Bonnie opted to go in the car with Caroline, as did Elena, leaving Damon to drive on his own. 

All the way to MF, the girls kept quiet for some reason, although there was tones to share. Each of them were busy with their own thoughts of all that occurred in New Orleans. And all the songs that were coming on the radio were actually not helping but enhancing the love turmoil.

And in New Orleans, Elijah and Klaus, having been hit or rather kissed by the Mystic Falls beauties also were in quiet pensive mode. The kisses had a boomerang effect on their ancient hearts.

Elijah knew that only Elena filled his heart with life, love and immense feeling that world is a good place. He let her go yet again. Mistake. One of many. But she had to resolve her feelings, where she is at. If he pushed her, all would go pear shaped. And then if she doesn't come back it was not meant to be.

He now turned as he heard the very familiar swish of wind coming on. Klaus stood in his apartment- 

"What is it that  you want, brother?"

"What were they doing here?"- Klaus said in a not so bemused manner.

"By they you mean Caroline Forbes and her friends, I gather?!"- Elijah said giving Klaus the same look back. 

"I am not in the mood with petty small talk, Elijah?!!"-

"You never were... well, they have a problem with a strange occurrence- a new hybrid creatures that came from a prison and they were asking for some assistance."- Elijah lied.

"And so, are you going to assist them? I presume not!"- Klaus shot back.

"As a matter of fact I will, but I stayed on to resolve a personal problem."- Elijah then added.

"And what might those be?"

"I have no obligation to share them with you!"- Elijah said and swished away.

*************

In Mystic Falls - some eight hours after they set off from New Orleans

"Finally!!"- Stefan said as the four of them got into the Boarding House- "we only have till midnight!"