Only love can hurt like this

Kai laid on the floor after having  thrown up blood for about half an hour.

Liv and Jo tried different magic spells, to help him get stable again.

"Kill me... I had enough of this..."- he gasped.

"I can't believe I am actually hearing this!"- Jo said.

"He needs blood'- Liv then said.

"We gave him blood-" Jo said.

"Yeah, but I think that he needs our blood"- Liv then said.

"I can't givevhim any of mine- I am pregnant, remember."-Jo said.

"Right, can you then draw some of mine out?!" -Liv then said.

"Come on then"- Jo took out the the syringe out of her doctor's bag.

Liv pulled up her sleeve as her phone beeped and she looked at the message from Stefan.

By Liv's face expression Jo could see that something unusual was happening. 

"I've got to go"- Liv said so she now urged Jo to get her blood. Jo understand that they could not speak about whatever it was in front of Kai. 

"Whatever it is it will have to wait cause I am done cleaning his blood from the bathroom."- Jo said to Liv, who now returned the message to Stefan that she will be with them shortly. 

Kai still laid down in a half unconscious state now begging them to hurry. The dawn was breaking. 

For all of them it was a long night.

Bonnie, Caroline, Elena and Elijah arrived in New Orleans some seven hours after they started. As vampires it took them half the time to drive down than it would took a mortal to do it.

Bonnie had slept through the drive, so when they arrived she wanted to go to the bayou to the house  where Hayley and Jackson lived for the time they could be in their human form, so Elijah did as she asked.

Caroline and Elena were left behind and checked in a hotel.

"So, how was the drive with Elijah?"- Caroline said after she and Elena took to the stairs to their rooms.

"Intense" -Elena admitted.

"You and him have that thing...did you ever think -what if there were no Stefan and Damon- Elijah was with Katherine, and that other doppelganger...what was her name?"

"Tatia."- Elena said- "what do you mean we have that thing??"- Elena now played innocent.

"Oh, come on!! Pent-up stuff much!"

"Elijah and I just..."- Elena stopped there. Yeah, what about her and Elijah?! Is it all just because he had all this connection with the doppelgangers?! But he said that he is looking for 'his Katerina!' And he kissed her or did he kiss Katerina/Katherine? Stefan and Damon were crazy about her. Her Katherine. Ugh, why should she care about any of them. And in the damned car, all crazy vampire speedy seven hours of driving, they were catching up on stuff. But this time all unimportant stuff- like witch-vamps, Kai, the Gemini, Dahlia, Hope, Freya, Klaus and his self-centered self and, Hayley, of course. And, as if the Lockwood mansion conversation deja-vued itself, Elena could feel from his voice that Hayley mattered to him. And for Elena, this was a blow. Same as it was a blow when she found out that he was close with Katherine. Jealousy was there. She is going to surpres it, like she had done before. What's the point?

Caroline could see from Elena's moment away in her thoughts that nothing was clean cut between her friend and the Original vampire.

"I know how it feels like. They pull you, and you don't get why but you just want it, maybe because they are just so kick-ass!"- Caroline said.