This love- part 1

"And so I asked Alaric to compel all the memories away..."- Elena now finished explaining to Elijah where she was at and why he could sense her emotions so messed up-"talk about making mistakes"

"I see"- Elijah then uttered.

"Yeah... I am sorry that I..."- she now looked at him and she could see that he was -" no, I am  not sorry that  I kissed you!"

"You're not?!"- Elijah said his eyes gleaming up with tender surprise.

"Are you?"- Elena said-

"No. Not then, not now never."- Elijah said.

" Then?!"- Elena uttered and they both knew it was about Willoughby.

"That I don't regret- many other things I do."- Elijah gave her a look and Elena now added-"can we just throw the regrets in a 'burnt' file?!"

Elijah smiled a little now.

"Do me a favour, so I stop making the same mistake over and over again?"

"Tell me"

"Break the compulsion...I want to  find the way back to myself- "- Elena sighed a little.

"Now?"

"Yeah, now!!"

Elijah put his hands on her arms gently now fixing his look onto her.

************

Somewhere in New Orleans

Caroline and Klaus took a breather, both knowing that whatever it was with them, the fact was that there was this love that they just couldn't deny. But it was cosmically complicated. He could see it in her eyes-

"There is this thing-"Caroline then said-

"Stefan?- Klaus said and she could see the hurt and anger in his eyes same he once had when she was with Tyler.

"No- you!"- Caroline said- "you- who has destroyed everything... I love you and hate you at the same time!"

"This is why you came?"

"Yes!! Ahhh, I love the Klaus from the Ball...and I so hate the Klaus that killed Tyler's mom!! It could have been the best love ever... yes- you made me feel like no one else ever did..."- she said and swished away in tears  not being able to contain the rush of emotions that she felt will choke if she stayed on.

Klaus was left standing- her last words burning his very soul.

***********

In the bar, with no magic involved, except the only one that they themselves made at that very moment, Bonnie and Damon smiled at one another breaking from the kiss. 

  In silent screams,
in wildest dreams
I never dreamed of this

This love is good, this love is bad
This love is alive back from the dead
These hands had to let it go free
And this love came back to me  

....

  Been losing grip,
oh, sinking ships
You showed up just in time

  This love left a permanent mark
This love is glowing in the dark
These hands had to let it go free
And this love came back to me

Both of them strangely didn't dare to say a thing- fearing all would burst away and they would find themselves in a place where a completely different reality would take it all away. And then they looked around themselves and  they were still in the bar, in New Orleans and everything was very real. Then Damon took her by the hand and said- "How about you and I get out of Dodge?"

"Wait!"- Bonnie stopped him as they got out of the bar.

"Forget something??"- Damon then asked.

"Yeah- two of my friends!"- Bonnie said.

"And you can really kill the moment!"- Damon remarked in his usual manner by saying something before his had processed it.

"Excuse me? What was this?"- 

"Rewind!"- Damon said- "but only for a slight second where I say- let's get Elena and Caroline!"

Bonnie now dialed Elena first, who was not responding. Then Caroline, who was not responding either. She tried again and there was nothing.

"Something's wrong!"- Bonnie said.

Of course something's wrong- this is the land of the Originals- they always had to be something wrong when they are involved- Damon thought, but kept it to himself. 

"So- where did you leave them?"- Damon now asked.

"In this bar."

"This is vague..."- Damon snarked a little. 

"Rousseau's-" Bonnie then said-

"2nd st"- Damon said- "come on- let's go"

Bonnie got into the car. She would lie if she would say that she was not pulling back  just a little bit from what had just happened,  although her soul sang like the sunniest day. She now glanced at Damon as if she was checking that he was real. He ignored it on purpose. As a vampire he could sense her pulse still racing and that was indication enough that her emotions were so very much bubbling up and down. 

As they got in the bar, Cami confirmed that Caroline left and Klaus went after her and that Elena and Elijah followed.

"There..."- Damon said- "and something tells me it's not about -" and then Bonnie cut him off as her phone buzzed and Caroline's name was on the display.

"Where are you? Are you all right?"

"Fine- if you can define fine as unbelievable stupid and self-inflicting derranged."

"Guess- the meeting with Klaus was really good?!"- Damon said having heard her.

"Oh- so Damon is still standing??"- Caroline retorted.

"And why shouldn't I be??"- Damon looked puzzled at Bonnie.

"Don't mind her"- Bonnie then said and then focused again to Caroline- "we are at the Rousseaus- guess- Elena is with Elijah?!"

Caroline hang up and within minutes was at the bar saying-

"So, Elena went with Elijah?!!" - now looking at Damon and then Bonnie smiling a bit as she gathered that there was a development between them.

"Let's find her!!"- Bonnie then said now turning to Cami for information, who then told them where Elijah lived.

Caroline now turned to Damon and said- "Are you staying or coming with us??"

"You are seriously asking me this question?? Spending two minutes with Klaus has already taken half a brain away"- Damon shot back at the blond vampire who wasn't pleased with the comment.

"Not now!"- Bonnie said looking at them both showing that she was not bemused.

They then went to find Elena, who was still with Elijah in his house in Algiers, now decompelled and in a state of slightly being shell-shocked as all her jumbled up feeling overwhelmed her immensely in Elijah's hug. They both heard them and Elena met the three standing only a step away from Elijah now looking at them like she came back from a long trip away.

Caroline immediately knew that she had let Elijah decompel her.

"All your memories are back, ha?!!!"

Elena nodded.