"Come on, Alexander," he sighed. "Get this over and done with... focus! Baby not the baby mama! Right? Right!"

Just when he was about to press the buzzer, he caught the sound of voices behind the gate. He stepped back as soon as he heard someone opening it. Alex swallowed hard. This was going to happen. Then he suddenly remembered the look on Drei's face that night while they were inside the entertainment room, the hurt in her eyes when he questioned her on how sure she was that it was his. He hurt her and she's probably loathing him more than he could imagine. Alex was a hundred percent sure that Drei won't even give him a minute no doubt but here he stood taking the plunge even if the chances were slim. Even if she'll send him away, he didn't care he had a week preparing for this and he was determined not to let her stop him.

Alex found himself staring at the sight of Drei as the gate opened. And his heart pounded crazy. There she was... His baby mama who was getting more and more amazing each time he sees her. She was wearing a white tank top and a green skirt. His hands were suddenly sweaty, leaving him with no choice but to put them inside the pockets of his black cargo shorts. The bump that outlined her white tank top was now a little bigger than the last time he saw. She looked up from where she stood. "What are you doing here?"

"I-I... can we talk?" he said softly.

Drei said nothing as she stared back at him as if assessing his unknown motive in such a devious and personal question. "Ummm... why? What do you want, Alex?"

"I-I n-need to..." he stammered and for the first time, he was at lost for words. "I need to talk to you, Drei..." he repeated.

"This is a surprise!" Jeannie said as she came out behind her and scanning Alex from head to toe. She grimaced. "You look...wasted, Alex! Are you drunk or something?"

"I'm not!" he said defensively and then he glanced back at Drei. "Can we talk? Please?"

He looked horrible alright, Drei thought as she took in the sight of him before her – grey v-neck graphic shirt, black shorts and a pair of slippers. His hair messy, and yeah just the way she always liked it; plus the five-o-clock shadow, which just made him look ruggedly handsome like he just sprang out of bed. But there was a look in his eyes that made her want to submit to his request... His eyes were soft and somber, and it was something she's never seen before in Alex.

Jeannie watched, her eyes swinging back and forth, as the two stared at each other like they were in shock. With all this resentment Drei has for Alex for the past months, Jeannie couldn't tell if it was part of her pregnancy or she wasn't over him yet. But as she watched them both standing here in front of her, she could tell that Drei was still in love with him but yes, she has to credit her best friend for at least trying to move on. It's hard to move on when you're carrying the child of the man you're in love with and the thought of Alex showing up unexpectedly before them just intrigued her even more. What has gotten into him to show up like this? A change of heart? Maybe. But whatever it was, he came at the perfect time.

"You know what..." Jeannie suddenly cut in, making her way right in between them and her eyes landed on Alex first. "Why don't you come with her?" she suggested pointing over at Drei. And then her attention was back at her best friend. "And you, why don't you let him take you?"

The two looked at her baffled and she just gave them both a wide, mischievous grin. Then she reached over to Drei and gave her a peck on the cheek. "So, mauna na ako ha! You guys take care and drive safe!" And without hearing what they had to say, she dashed to her silver Hyundai Tucson and drove off.

"Unbelievable!" Drei sighed, shaking her head in disbelief as she watched her best friend driving away. Now she had no choice.

"So...ummm..." Alex tried his best to hide a smile. Then he looked at her feigning innocence. "Where do I take you?"