028

sORRY I HAVENT WRITTEN IN LIKE FOREVER
so here's an extra long chapter for yall :-)

Ella, her new boyfriend Thomas (ironical, I know), Zoe (a new friend we made because of him) and I are going out tonight. I used to dislike parties a lot but I found myself coming out of my shell since I got over the Calum shit.
although it ended on very bad terms he did make me realize that you don't have to be special to be special to someone else. unknowingly he helped me a lot.

it's 8:30 pm now and we are leaving in half an hour but I haven't even showered yet. I quickly jump underneath the hot water. it burns on my skin and I turn the temperature down.

I'm wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and a band tee with my docs. not very special but good enough.
I put some mascara and a plum lipstick on and fix my brows.
my hair is still damp so I can't do anything with it but I have no time to blow dry it so I'll just brush it through.

the doorbell rings and Thomas and Ella are already here to pick me up. I almost forget my purse but I quickly run back inside to grab it. we make our way to Zoe and drive to a new night club in Sydney.

"are you still coming" i look up to see Ella waiting for me to go inside. the others are already gone. "yeah wait a sec" I turn my phone off and Ella grabs my hand and nearly drags me inside. The music is loud but not too loud. the place looks cute, it's a black room with some silver and red details.
we find Thomas and Zoe at the bar. they're ordering some drinks. Zoe pushes something in my hands and I drink it. it tastes like cherry, very nice. 

"dance?" Ella shouts over the music. I nod and follow her to the dancefloor. I swiftly move on the music and sing along to the words of the songs.
I hear the first notes of a very familiar song. Ella's face lights up immediately. "this is our jam!!!!" I laugh and we dance and sing along to the words of wannabe.

this is most certainly not a song you'd expect in a night club but I like it. laughing and dancing I get another drink for Ella and I. I walk back towards her and give her the drink.
"Thank you" she smiles. I reciprocate her smile and take a sip from my drink while moving my hips swiftly to the music.

Zoe walks over to us and points to the other side of the club. "isnt that that guy? that 5sos guy?" she screams over the music.
I notice that Ella stiffens and her eyes widen while she looks past me. I turn around and gasp.
what the fuck is Calum doing here?!

-

I haven't spoken him ever since he told me three months ago. my breath hitches in my throat and I'm frozen. I don't know what to do.
he's wearing a black skinny jeans and a flannel, the usual. his hair is curlier than it usually is and he looks very cute yet so hot.
I feel a hand touching my shoulder and I quickly turn around. Ella looks at me full of concern. "do you want to go?" I look back at Calum and nod. "yes please" we walk to the exit, but unfortunately have to pass Calum. I look at the ground when we walk past him. "Maddi!" I look back and see a surprised look on his face. "Maddi please wait!" I ignore him and make my way out as fast as I can.

"Maddi please" I hear his footsteps following me outside. Ella looks at me and I nod. she smiles encouragingly and goes back inside.

"Maddi" Calum runs towards me. "listen to me" he's out of breath and I look at him. he stays still for a second, probably expecting me to answer but I'm waiting for him to tell me why he stopped me. "I, I I miss you..." he looks at the ground. "I'm so sorry for the shit I put you through but I was just wondering if you could give me, Calum, not Thomas, a chance to be your friend.  I don't want to be pushy but I think I deserve it, I just want you to know that I won't let you go away this easily and that I will make it all up to you, if you're not willing to start all over again then I'd understand that but I at least want you to know that everything was real except for the name."
"oh please shut up" I interrupt him. he looks confused and I smile at his expression. "what?" "I told you to shut up can I have a hug now please" he seems genuinely surprised when I fold my arms around his waist and bury my head in his flannel. he smiles, I whisper in the crook of his neck. "I missed you too"