Apathetic

"Guess who?" Elsa heard a deep, silky voice behind her. Her back was pressed against his chest and his hand covered her eyes, sending tingles of awareness through her body.

"Jack." Elsa smiled.

He uncovered her eyes. "How'd you know?"

Elsa raised an eyebrow, giving him the are-you-serious look. "You and Anna are virtually the only people I know. And you're definitely not Anna."

Jack chuckled. "Well, I'm glad you can tell the difference between myself and Anna. Probably do to all my manliness."

"Or Anna's femininity."

"You're insulting my manliness?" He clutched his chest. "I'm hurt, Elsa."

Elsa giggled and nudged him. "Don't you have health for your next class?" Jack had switched his electives after that little incident where Elsa got stuck in his trunk.

He casually draped an arm around her shoulders. "Yeah, but I thought I'd walk you—"

"Yoo-hoo!"

Jack stiffened and murmured something under his breath.

"Jackie!" a shrill voice called.

Jack pressed his lips into a line and didn't look behind him. Elsa craned her neck, trying to find the source of the voice.

"There you are!" A girl sprinted to them, her high heels clacking noisily. Elsa thought she looked pretty. She had a warm tan and bleached blond hair, coiled in curls. Her bright blue eyes were edged in eyeliner. She batted her long, mascara-coated lashes. "It was almost like you were trying to run away from me." She stuck out her plump lower lip in a pout.

"I, uh, didn't hear you coming," Jack replied, still not making eye contact with her.

"Who's this?" Elsa asked.

The girl sneered. "Funny, I was about to ask the same thing."

Jack let out a long sigh. "No one."

Elsa raised an eyebrow. "Are you talking about me or her?"

A smile graced his lips. "Her, of course. Silly girl," he murmured before brushing his lips against her forehead.

Elsa ducked her head and blushed, feathering her fingers across the area Jack had kissed.

"So, you weren't at the party," she continued.

Elsa sighed as she wished that stereotype didn't exist.

"Maybe I didn't want to go."

"You didn't want to go to a party?"

"I was preoccupied." Jack smirked down at Elsa.

"Oh... Oh!" she shrieked.

Jack blushed. "Not like that!" he hissed.

"So, Jackie here is dating you, hon?" the girl asked Elsa.

"We're not dating!" he exclaimed.

"Could've fooled me," she muttered.

"We're not," he grumbled.

"Well, since you're so adamant about not being a couple, then I suppose you're available?"

Elsa pressed her lips into a thin line, feeling bitter jealousy swell within her. She tried to suppress the feeling, telling herself Jack needed to move on.

"No. I'm not."

Relief overwhelmed her so suddenly, she couldn't stop a sigh of relief escaping from her lips.

Jack turned towards her, smirking. "Is that relief I hear, Elsa?"

Elsa blushed. She wasn't supposed to be encouraging him! "Not at all."

"Whatever you say."

The girl cleared her throat loudly. "But you're... single?"

"Single? I wouldn't say that. More like... reserved."

"Well, you're either with someone or you're single. You're single."

"Am not."

The girl grabbed the lapels of his jacket, stopping him in his tracks. "Yes, you are or I wouldn't do this!" She tilted her head up, lips puckered.

Jack grimaced and stretched his neck higher. He was probably thankful for his height. The sight was quite comical. Elsa probably would've laughed, if she wasn't so angry at the girl's audacity. Jack took her by the shoulders, holding her back.

"I am not single."

"Prove it!" she sniffed.

"Fine."

Jack turned towards Elsa. Her gasp was muffled by Jack's lips. Her breath hitched while shockwaves of lightning spread through her body, as if his lips were electrified. His lips were soft and Elsa vaguely tasted mint. Her body was pulled against his. Elsa's whole body was frozen in shock. Jack's arm was around her waist as he pushed her backwards until she was pressed between him and the lockers. His other hand was shoved through her hair, gently angling her head to one side. Elsa's heart felt light. It fluttered inside her ribcage. She found it impossible to breath. Her knees became wobbly, the weight of her body suddenly too much for them to support. Jack's grip on her waist tightened. Then he suddenly let her go. Elsa gasped for air and fell back against the lockers, sinking to the floors. She dreamily looked at Jack, a shaky sigh escaping her lips. He was incredibly handsome. Gorgeous, in fact.

A loud 'hump' brought Elsa crashing back down to earth, and her heart with it. The blonde girl plunked her hands and on hip and waddled away, as fast as her tight skirt and 12 inch heels would allow. Jack had used her. She felt herself crumbling from the inside out.

"Elsa?" Jack's hand reached down to caress her face.

"Get away from me." Elsa could feel tears brimming in her eyes. If she merely blinked, they'd be pouring down her cheeks, but she wouldn't cry. Not in front of him. She couldn't let him know how much he'd hurt her. She thought, for the duration of the kiss, that he was actually kissing her. She could no longer think Anna was naïve when she agreed to go to the dance with Hans. After all, she'd just fallen into the same hole. She was no better. Foolish girl. She stood up, ignoring Jack's hand and him along with it. She glared at him icily, her forget-me-not blue eyes still filling with tears, before abruptly turning away.

"Elsa!"

She quickened her pace. She didn't think she could look at him again without bursting into tears. Unknowingly, Elsa had slowly revealed her heart to him. And he'd taken advantage of her. She clenched her frigid hands and shoved them deep into her pockets. Elsa could feel his footsteps quickening. Elsa practically sprinted to the girl's bathroom, slamming the door shut and locking it behind her. She sank to the floor with a cry of anguish. She shamefully hid her face in her hands. How could she be so foolish? Elsa finally unleashed her uncontrollably sobs. The noise echoed pitifully around the empty bathroom. Ice crept along the floor and walls, coating the mirrors in frost. Elsa wasn't aware of what she was doing and at that moment, she didn't care.