Alone

Elsa shot him a smile, taking his breath away. Jack froze. Several moments later, he was back in the land of the living. He watched Elsa's petite figure as she walked away, her lunch tray grasped tightly in her hands. His eyes roamed upward, to her slender neck. If he closed his eyes he could still feel her sweet, smooth skin underneath his lips. Jack stood rooted to the spot, watching her with an expression akin to longing. Jack swallowed and followed her. She exited the cafeteria. Jack ran to the doors, pushing them open. She'd seated herself at a bench underneath the old oak tree. She looked up when she heard the doors open. Her endless blue eyes sparkled in the sunlight. Jack's mouth went dry. He hoped he wouldn't stutter.

Jack cleared his throat. "Hey." His voice was still deeper than normal.

Elsa didn't seem to notice. "Hi, Jack."

She turned back to her lunch. Jack sat down next to her and entirely forgot about lunch. She noticed he wasn't eating.

"Not hungry?" she asked.

Jack smiled. "Oh, I'm hungry. Starving."

Elsa blinked several times in confusion. "Then why don't you eat?"

Jack flashed her another smile before picking up his apple, his eyes still fixed on her. He had no idea any one person could be so... intoxicating. Elsa blushed and ducked down to focus on her lunch. The bell rang, bringing Jack out of his blissful reverie. He felt his spirits plummet. Then Jack remembered. They shared the next class. He sighed with relief, his spirits soaring once more. They tossed away their trash. Jack began walking to class with her. He still couldn't tear his eyes away. He bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going."

Jack didn't bother replying. Then he stopped suddenly.

"Hey, Elsa. I'm going to go to the restroom real quick before class."

Elsa tossed a glance over her shoulder. "Okay," she replied nonchalantly.

Jack began to fall behind, heading towards the restroom. His heart twisted. He hated being away from Elsa. What if she gets hurt? "Elsa!"

She paused and turned around.

"Be careful!"

Elsa flashed him another heart-stopping smile. "Don't worry!"

"Elsa," he pleaded.

She let out a sigh. "I'll be careful."

Jack tossed her another glance before turning around a corner, towards the men's restrooms. He thought of kissing her. Again. If it felt so wonderful kissing her neck, how would it be to kiss her lips? Jack frowned suddenly, stopping in the middle of the hallway. They weren't even dating. Technically, she could kiss anyone she wanted to. Jack suddenly felt very, very sick. He sprinted to a water fountain. The cool water helped a bit. He stood up. An image of Elsa kissing another guy passed through his mind. Nope. The nausea returned in full force. Jack ran into the bathroom, leaning over the sink, but nothing came up. Jack clutched his stomach.

"You okay, man?" A boy patted his shoulder.

Jack nodded numbly, still clutching his stomach. If he started dating Elsa, he'd have exclusive kissing rights, wouldn't he? That's usually what dating entails. A wide smile spread across his face. Exclusive kissing rights. He was feeling much better. Now all he had to do was to get Elsa to agree. He was sure she would. Jack had seen the way she looked at him. She was nearly as in love with him as he was with her. Then Jack had a thought that made him break out into a cold sweat. He wasn't dating Elsa yet! She could still kiss anybody and vice-versa. He hadn't staked his claim on her yet. Jack sprinted out of the restroom as fast as his legs could carry him. He had to keep Elsa close until he had a moment alone with her. Very close.