Chapter-13: Apologies & Punishments

~ She's an angel while he's a monster, nothing same; two different souls, two different worlds. But hey, ever heard about beauty and the beast? ~

Navya was telling Nandini about the whole fiásco which happened fresher's night and there Nandini was in utter shock.

"What are you saying, Navya? That monster helped you? Ayyiappa! I slapped him for no reason? Shit! How can I do this? I said so much! Ayyiappa! Please forgive me. How will I face him now?" Nandini palmed her face in guilt.

She wasn't believing that it was the same Manik who helped her friend.

And what did she do?

She didn't give him a second to explain!

And slapped him!

"Cabir could have come and told the same to me? Couldn't he?" Nandini spoke in frustration.

"No, Nans! Manik told him to not say anything because he doesn't wanna drag Mukti in all this." Navya replied pointing the problem Cabir told him.

"Like really? Ayyiappa! Why can't for once he acts normal? He is insane."  She rolled her eyes.

Just for his friend! Duh!

Nice person? Is he?

She was confused.

He was definitely not the Manik he met on the very first day who was bullying people or was it the same?

What is he hiding?

Is it the façade of arrogance behind which he's hiding himself?

But why?

"Nans, relax! Just go and apologize! That's it." Navya put a hand on her shoulder and tried to calm her down.

Nandini looked at her and rolled her eyes.

"And you do you really think Monster Manik will accept it that easily?" She replied.

Monsters never forgive!

She remembered.

"Yeah right! Why am I feeling he'll eat you alive? Shit!" Navya spoke scratching her head in fear.

"Navya! You're making me more nervous!" Nandini frowned.

Navya's eyes followed the footsteps she saw near the entrance of college canteen.

"Relax Nans. See, there he's coming! Go and apologize! All the best." She told Nandini wishing the best.

"Ayyiappa please be with me." Nandini looked upwards in fear.

Manik's eyes found her and he, along with Cabir immediately reached their table and looking at him, Nandini & Navya stood up.

"Hello Miss. Murthy!" Manik spoke, lacing sugar with each word.

"Had he lost it?" Nandini thought in confusion whilst Navya was eyeing her that there's something black in pulses.

Looking at them, Cabir chuckled.

"Oh don't be shocked. I should be giving you so much of respect as I can see you're V.V.I.P." Manik's word brought their attention back while Cabir was having a difficult time in controlling his laughter.

"Why is he overreacting?" Navya whispered inaudibly.

"What?" Nandini was perplexed.